Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 11:38PM

A young woman was in the shower this morn. and her Mormon hubby left her-walked out. She tried to commit suicide - So Utah. The gal's mom is flying in Sun. morn. Is this how Mormon men take off? No kids as far as I know. That part is good. The nevermo mom has not liked this guy from the start.Wish I had more details.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 11:51PM

Oh no...I will definitely keep her in my best thoughts. Did she live? I hope so. my sis committed suicide (nothing to do with tscc) and I so wish she was here still. I am so sorry that poor woman thought her husband was worth her life.

Date: February 11, 2012 11:55PM

She is alive. Thanks for your good thoughts going their way.

Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 12:05AM

honestone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She is alive. Thanks for your good thoughts going
> their way.

Thank goodness. She hopefully will have lots of happy life ahead of her with someone who values her.

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 11:58PM

I will keep her in my thoughts, and sending her well wishes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2012 11:59PM by eldorado.

Date: February 12, 2012 12:05AM

Thanks so much. Not only do many nevermo moms and dads feel such sadness when a child of theirs joins the LDS, then they deal with something like this.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 02:03AM

That is so sad. I really don't understand some guys and being Mormon doesn't seem to help make them better people. I had a friend whose husband walked out on her a few days before she needed a surgery she couldn't put off. They were new in town, didn't know anyone and she had no one to take her to the hospital and pick her up the next day. Why he couldn't wait a couple of days to leave her is beyond me. Sometimes I think some people do things just to cause the maximum pain.

I'll keep sending good thoughts your friend's way. I hope she realizes soon that she deserves so much better.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 02:22AM

Someone who feels things as strong as she does deserves so much more than some creepy TBM dick. I am so happy she is alive and yes, she is in my prayers.....not Mo prayers but real prayers.

Date: February 12, 2012 03:25AM

Thanks to you and CA girl. Yes, she deserves so much more and I often wonder if some Mormon men marry a girl just to get a convert but have no intention of staying with her. I know it happens both ways with boyfriend/girlfriend. At any rate, scum is scum.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 03:44AM

thank god she is alive!!!! now she can heal. hopefully she will find her way to RFM, and find out there is a whole new world outside utah and mormonism. new discoveries, and happiness

Date: February 12, 2012 04:20AM

I sure hope that happens for her. Once her mom can write more I will let you know.

Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 07:28AM

Best wishes. I know what it is like to feel sucidal, so I hope thingss improve.

Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 09:48AM

The great sorrow is that some of these young wives have no inner core belief systems, and low self esteem. Consequently they try to keep the focus of their lives on being the perfect mormon wife ..Supporting hubby do his thing, bringing up children to be missionaires and getting children to the Temple .They are lost in the organization and tasks. They lose their personality, and sometime the ability to function without the Church representative (HUBBY)

So just let her know from me with all the kindness in the world, that when she can keep it all together despite the scumbag hubby and the controlling organization, her real personality and life force will begin to shine through. She will be amazed how strong she really is..

JB

PS Why did hubby leave ?? Younger Woman ?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 10:42AM

My "husband" left me a tape recorded message. I had "assigned" work I had to do that night and was up until 3 a.m. doing it--I came home from a doctor's appt and knew something was wrong by something I saw in the house. I opened his side of the closet and everything was gone.

And I had two 10 year olds.

It isn't just mormon men who leave this way. You just expect them to be "better." They aren't.

That was 16 years ago. He is in the kitchen now cooking breakfast. He lives in our house while I live part of the time with my boyfriend. Life, for the most part, is good these days. I really never believed it would be.

She is better off without him--even though it doesn't feel that way to her right now. Getting her through the first 3 months is the most important thing. I've helped many of my family and friends through this stage. The first 3 months are the VERY WORST.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 05:36PM

Hope she is all right.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.