Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 02:15PM

Came home to find this on my doorstep:

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t414/nowImfound/P1040817.jpg

Don't know who it's from.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 16, 2012 05:45PM

And those chocolate cookies looked a little pooey to me.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 02:21PM

what did you do with them?

Date: February 16, 2012 05:44PM

Threw them out, LOL. I'm not eating some random, poorly-wrapped, annoymous baked goods left on my doorstep two days after Valentine's Day. Sketchy.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 07:26PM

Would it perhaps be a good idea to call whomever in your ward and say something like, "If you want to pique my interest, cookies are NOT the way to do it. Something like a bottle of Chateau Mouton Baron Philippe 1907 would get my attention."

Doesn't matter if you drink or not - it might get a point across?

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:18PM

Or, "Please tell your people to stop leaving their crumbly, broken up leftovers on my doorstep. Thanks."

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 10:14PM

Omg, one of my neighbors left a mini bottle of champagne on my doorstep new year's eve with a card. No agenda, just a nice thoughtful gift. Now that's what I want to come home to! I loved it. Not some nasty, sketch, Mormony, all strings attached, baked goods that will give me food poisoning at worst and ruin my diet at best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 10:15PM by goldenrule.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 04:42PM

There is like a PLAGUE of this going on. Did we miss an important letter read in Sacrament meeting about the need for members to rain cookies anonymously on inactives? You have my full sympathy.

Date: February 16, 2012 05:58PM

Well, in our area the focus for the stake is on reactivating those who've gone astray...so, I'm guessing this is it. Who know maybe it was the same backstabber who brought homemade wheat bread a couple of weeks ago.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 04:45PM

They look good.

But I wouldn't trust them.

Pass them along to somebody else... an active TBM even... they will be confused.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 04:52PM

But hey, I'm a dog, man! I ain't gonna tell ya some of the disgusting stuff I like...

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 06:45PM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 06:54PM

to decay in the bad weather.

If you remove them, the giver thinks you have eaten them and are of course very grateful and probably ready to come back into the fold with just a few more offerings. However, if the bread and brownies are sitting rejected and neglected on your porch moldering away, they'll get the message, because no doubt they drive by to see if you have taken the stuff in.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 04:53PM

If I were you'd I'd CHUCK them in the nearest trash can! >:-(

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 04:59PM

Story time...

When teenagers my brother & I decided to give an anonymous secret admirer valentines to every girl and every guy teenager in our ward - something like 20 kids. Active/inactive it didn't matter.

Eventually everyone talked and were trying to figure out who did it - we of course gave ourselves valentines too and proclaimed innocence. We also, of course, were the prime suspects.

So we decided to try to get one of our friends busted and take the fall for it. So we brought him in on it and talked him into continuing to deliver secret admirer valentines for the next couple of weeks.

We would call wherever he was going to deliver them and tell them that someone had just dropped another one off at our house. Still they could never catch him.

Finally a couple of weeks later we got desperate and talked him into delivering them in broad daylight. He was worried he would get caught so we convinced him to wear a white bed sheet over his head kind of like a long cape as a disguise. He thought this would do the trick.

Finally I called one of the girls with the usual we've just been valentined. She looks out the window and screams: "Oh my gosh - it's Mike. He's coming. And he's wearing a bed sheet! Ah!!!"

She opens the door when he gets to the porch and he runs away. She's on the phone with me screaming that it's Mike and he's crazy! She describes the bed sheet billowing out behind him as he sprints away.

He comes back and tells us that she almost caught him but is sure she doesn't know who it is based on his disguise.

Mike are you on this board? If so, I'm sorry, I can't remember if we ever told you that we set you up...

Date: February 16, 2012 07:35PM

Orem

Posted by: pharrell ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 05:15PM

You should show up to their house, give them some goodies, and invite them to the next exmo conference, however i wouldnt be supprised if they angrily reject the invitation.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 05:56PM

If brownies show up at my place, I first burn one on the grill to see if I smell that wacky weed. If I don't, I throw 'em away, if I do, I eat 'em.

Ron

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 06:01PM

May be just like in the movie "The Help" a special ingredient.

Date: February 16, 2012 06:14PM

LMAO, you guys crack me up--friends in bed sheet disguises, pot brownies, and the idea of re-gifting these to some random TBM-- hahahaha!

I came home again a little while ago and found a small package attached to my doorknob. Here I was all excited at the possibility that I was loved bombed twice in one day (and was prepared to photograph it for your amusement), but it's just an ad for a roofing company, LOL. Too bad.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 06:41PM

The bishop's wife used to bring over chocolate goodies to get me active when I was on my way out. She was a famous, over weight, baker in the ward. Her treats were too many calories for me and my mother didn't like chocolate so I always took them over to my next door neighbor was a chocolate addict. I became neighbor's favorite person. I sure hope she didn't have diabetes!

Date: February 16, 2012 06:50PM

I just thought of an answer to these people...

I'm sorry but this kind of food is against the word of wisdom.

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 07:04PM

It is between 1 in 150 to 1 in 200 Americans who cannot tolerate grain proteins (wheat, barley, rye gliadin). For me, a cookie might as well be rat poison. A casserole once landed me in the ER and on prednisone. I would just place a sign on the gate about grain intolerance. It will confuse them.

Side note - these proteins have been connected not just to Celiac Disease but to Autism and other disorders as well.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 07:14PM

From now on I'm going to dump this stuff at the church. I will be leaving it at the door the bishop uses to get into his office. I will deliver it saturday night. I don't care what happens to it after that. I don't care what it is, notes, wreathes, food, whatever....it's going back to the church.

Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 07:43PM

Date: February 16, 2012 07:52PM

+1

Date: February 16, 2012 08:03PM

I've been tempted to leave them outside to rot, but I honestly hate the mess...I've never thought to ask for something clearly nonmo like wine or cigars...I'm kinda tempted to leave a note on the door that says, "Please do not leave food items on our doorstep. They attract wild animals and ants and will be thrown out anyway."

Although dumping them at church is really wowing me at the moment...

Of course, when I've known who it was from, I've always done the, "Oh, thanks so much; thanks for thinking of us; oh how thoughtful" routine (smile, smile, hug, hug)--while secretly laughing inside knowing that their efforts aren't making a bit of difference in luring me back. It's probably mean. I should just come clean and tell them they're wasting their time. But...

Date: February 16, 2012 08:21PM

Thank you :)

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 11:00PM

that is a perfect idea!!

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 11:24PM

I'll be honest. I would have polished those suckers off!

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 01:42AM

I guess there are no amimals in your neighborhood, no dogs who try to get chocolate any time it is possile, even when we know they are not ever to have chocolate?
If my dog had eaten them and got sick, I'd find out who did it and sue them.

Date: February 17, 2012 01:56AM

If they kill my dog there will be hell to pay!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 01:45AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.