Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 05:50PM

Again today it's all over CNN.

If never-mos knew that the mormons were baptizing their dead family, I'll bet the phone in SLC would be ringing off the hook.

Thing of it is, baptism is just the tip of the iceberg.

After that, they are confirmed members then the endowment.

If the names were done prior to 1990, they were put under "convenant" not to disclose....rather than do so I would suffer my life to be taken. Slit slit.

The mormon church is giving new names to your family members who are dead!

The lid needs to be blown off.

Who has contacts in the media and they can explain what really goes on?

The audio of the temple ceremony is fully available and irrefutable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 05:58PM

Levi, brilliant idea. I don't have any contacts in the media that would be helpful but if we came up with identical links and similar information and then just sent a bunch, from a bunch of different people, to the news editors (not the on air talent) at some of these media outlets and the Huffington Post etc., it might get their attention.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 06:53PM

I figure it's my duty. Most of us know about the Name Extraction project, where the church took all kinds of records and transcribed the names off of them into a temple database. They were so proud when they got the Holocaust records--six million names to do!

It's important to point this out to people at this time, so do it. I just finished commenting on the "worst persons" thing by Keith Olbermann. Whether you like him or not, or watch Fox instead of MSNBC, it's your duty as an ex-Mo. Put the word out!

Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:16PM

My video: Understanding Mormon Baptism for Jewish Holocaust Victims http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHl-ebTbgOs

attempts to do the things discussed in this thread so far:

It points out that the practice of Name Extraction was started 50 years ago and expanded multiple times.

It points out that baptism is but the first step.

It points out that the CONFIRMATION step CONFIRMS someone a member of COJCOLDS, which would seem to refute the idea that the dead person has a choice whether or not to accept baptism.

It discusses some of the things that happen in the initiatories (e.g. naked touching) and the endowment (e.g. costume changes, hand and arm signals, secret handshakes, passwords, etc.)

So, anyone who feels so inclined is welcome to share my video in as many places as you think might be useful.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:22PM

During that conversation, I was informed that the national director of the ADL, Abraham Foxman, is well-versed on the Mormon doctrine of ritualized dead-dunking and that the Wiesenthal episode has brought the issue into starker focus for the ADL. (Abe has demanded that the practice stop, given that its continuance amounts to a second murder of the Jewish identity of Jewish Holocaust victims. He has also notified the Mormon church that continual ADL monitoring of the church will help, he hopes, keep it from future breaking of the its promise to discontinue the dead-dunking of exterminated Jews. He has asked the Mormon church to implement more stringent internal controls on this dead-dunking practice. He has also called for the Mormon church to consider abandoning its practice of dead-dunking not only Jews but other non-Mormons).

I informed the ADL official with whom I spoke that Mormons not only dead-dunk Jewish victims of the Holocaust, they actually regard themselves to be adopted into the covenant of the ancient Jewish bloodline.

I told him that Mormons are given patriarchal blessings, where the name of the tribe of Israel to which the Mormon recipient of this blessing has supposed Mormon-asserted linkage is pronounced upon the head of the recipient.

The official said he was not aware of that.

I responded that what Mormons do, in effect, is to invade Jewish genealogical tribes, declare these tribes as their own, then extinguish the Jewishness of actual Jews via necro-dunking them into the Mormon church.

He was not pleased to hear that news.

I plan on talking with Abe Foxman about this in some detail, when it is convenient for him to do so (we have known each other since the 1980s when I joined him on an ADL trip to Israel, and most recently met up with him last October when he came through Phoenix).

This is not going away.

Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:44PM

Steve,
I would suggest that when you speak with Mr. Foxman again you also point out that there is ALWAYS a CONFIRMATION step performed with each baptism in which two Mormon priests holding the "higher priesthood" confirms the deceased person is in fact a member of CoJCoLdS, and a third holder of the higher priesthood officially records this confirmation of membership on the rolls of the temple.

I also think you should share at least some of what happens in the Endowment, namely:

1. The proxy (on behalf of the deceased Holocaust victim) covenants that he will do all in his power for the building of CoJCoLdS, and makes other similar covenants in favor of CoJCoLdS. Until 1990 these covenants were made under threat of death, including ritualistic gestures symbolizing throat slitting, disembowelment, etc.

2. The proxy (on behalf of the deceased Holocaust victim) learns secret handshakes and passwords without which the deceased Holocaust victim cannot enter heaven.

3. The proxy (on behalf of the deceased Holocaust victim) is given a New Name.

etc.

You might also wish to point out that there are also the Initiatory ordinances where the proxy is "washed" on behalf of the deceased holocaust victim, because the deceased holocaust victim is presumed to be "unclean in the eyes of God."

Date: February 16, 2012 08:55PM

Will see how much other detail Abe wants to hear.

He and I are pretty good friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 08:55PM by steve benson.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:48PM

while this may not be 'going away', I FAIL to see a Direct Link to MR.

I think 'a mile deep' but 'an inch wide' covers it; it has little or no traction with Vic & Victoria Voter.

Date: February 16, 2012 09:28PM

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 09:33PM

exactly

this is scientology level weirdness to most nevermos - even the ones that don't care about it still think it's weird

i imagine missionary work in the english speaking world just got infinately more difficult:

"but i don't want to baptize dead people..."

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:50PM

You are so right,levi. The lid needs to be blown off. I am a nevermo and was extremely angry when I first found out about this. All nevermos would be if they treasure their loved ones.So few know this.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 09:09PM

It's a hideous practice.

This more than anything in the mormon church exemplifies the lack of respect/boundaries of this cult. They simply believe they are doing God's work and that's that.

There is no one outside the church who wouldn't be shocked at the incredible insensitivity and arrogance the church displays in this regard.

If nothing else screams, "CULT", this is it, and there's no way a church member could justify this to the outside world without appearing to be (and rightly so) a religious extremist completely disconnected from the real world. The enlightened world will condemn this practice loudly and all members will be viewed as dangerous, crazy, mentally deranged, worthy of condemnation and ridicule. It's got to stop.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 02:16AM

The hijackers of 9-11 simply believed they were doing God's work and that's that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.