Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:53PM

He's a relative of mine. I'm just wondering what other people thought of him. My family likes to throw him and his wife under the buss, but I always liked them. I didn't know them real well, but have fond memories of playing hide and seek in the hearses and the caskets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 17, 2012 03:43AM

That must be a big fat NO.
I guess he did his job well.
No ex-mo's that want to talk about him.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 09:20AM

Tell me again who he is, and I'll talk about him. I can do this.

Date: February 17, 2012 11:35AM

He's a Mortician from Price Utah. Him and his wife Betty served as MP couple in either Peru or Brazil. Maybe both.

He's a somewhat distant relative of mine. I haven't seen him in at least 40 years. I was curious what type of person he would be as a mission pres.

Date: February 17, 2012 08:15PM

Yes, ol' Grant C. Fausett served as mission president in the Argentina Buenos Aires Mission from 1984 to 1987. He and his dear wife Betty Maurine were also called to work in the Mexico City temple visitors center in 1993. Big man he was, flaming red hair, arms like tree trunks, hands like giant hams. Although he was a busy mortician, he was always willing to pack up his trocar and leave town on a mission for the Lord. He also served as stake president and patriarch.

Date: February 17, 2012 08:18PM

(I should have called this, "Morticians Do It with a Trocar."

Date: February 17, 2012 08:19PM

Actually he's been bald as can be since my childhood.
You're funny though.

Date: February 18, 2012 05:06PM

And I even included some facts, about him, too. I could have talked about him without the facts, though.

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 11:34PM

He and my grandmother were cousins. I can't remember what that makes me. Grew up with his boys (was a lot older than his daughter) so knew Steve and Greg very well. I have the utmost respect for the family. Grant and Betty were always wonderful to everyone. It takes special people to be morticians. Betty used to do hair and makeup. I remember thinking how hard that would be.

Price lost a wonderful kind man when Greg died suddenly a few years ago. He had followed his father in the family business. They think he suffered a heart attack while driving a body back to Price after the person died in Huntington (I think) and crashed. Fausett Mortuary is in name only now.

Why would your family "throw them under the bus"?

Date: February 17, 2012 11:41PM

Because my family is nuts (jealous?). Betty and grant were some of the few relatives I have that I liked. I lived several states away from them, so hardly ever saw them.
I was curious what other people thought, because what some of my family said, and what I experienced didn't match. I always thought they were kind and loving. I had heard about Greg's death, but not until a year later. I really liked him.

I'm related on Betty's side of the family. You and I are distant relatives through marriage. Like just about all Mo's are. lol.
Thanks for the post. It's just another validation to trust my feelings and not trust opinions that don't match. It's a small thing I know, but they add up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 11:57PM by Mia.

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 11:58PM

No one knows what goes on in families, even the members themselves.

Sorry we're not related!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.