Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 11:15PM

Back in the mid 1990's, I found this bulletin board. I was into a full crisis of faith at the time, thinking that I was the only one in the world who was having thoughts about the veracity of the church. I had been struggling for over 10 years without much support, so I was going through the motions of being a good LDS priesthood holder, while doubting the foundation of such.

I stumbled on this site and found a community of like-minded people who were in the same place as I was. We had the same problems, shared the same concerns, shared our investigation into LDS claims, and discovered that we were not alone.

It was a breath of fresh air to discover that I was not alone. I was not the only one who questioned Joseph Smith and his polygamous relationships. I was not the only one who found out about the Book of Abraham and the papyri. I was not the only one who questioned temple ceremonies and throat slitting rituals. I was not the only one who thought that BY had complicity in the Mountain Meadows Massacre. I was not the only one who thought that the God of the Old Testament was a cosmic terrorist. I was not the only one who found Bruce R. McConkie's letter to Eugene England the height of hypocrisy and doublespeak. I could go on and on...

I still hang around, content to add a comment now and then to those going through that same process. May you find what you seek.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: heftmyplates ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 11:26PM

Wow, nice to hear that you've been accessing the site for so long and still find it edifying!

It's so true that the truth will set you free and with the internet it's never been easier to find it.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 07:43AM

Wouldn't that be practically the whole time it has been here? WOW.May it be here for all who begin to question.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 01:34PM

You are certainly not alone! I am a believer in the power of gratitude -- nothing beats an attitude of gratitude in my view! There is so much in this world to be grateful for!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.