Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: josephsmyth ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 11:32PM

"How do you reconcile what God has to say in D&C 132:61-63 about Joseph Smith and Brigham Young having sex with other men's wives?"

I'll give $10k to any defender of Mormon who can answer that question honestly.

I've made that challenge in the comment section of articles on Mormonism that have run in the LATimes, NYT, WaPost, HuffPost, Slate, ABC and NPR.

So far, no takers. haha

They don't have a leg to stand on, since we've got he evidence that they did screw other men's wives, from Church sources.

Brigham Young fathered a child with Zina Huntington Jacobs Smith Young, the wife of Henry Jacobs and Joseph's Myth's sex slave, for lack of a better word. Whore? Concubine? I dunno what to call her, Brigham's baby mama?

Is nothing sacred? lol

That pretty much shuts them up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 12:07AM

improve your wording so that what you're being specific about is a bit more clear;

You want BY/JS's taking other men's wives reconciled with the D&C, correct?

'of course' this amply demonstrates One Truth: LDS & their paid apologists can (nearly) wiggle out of / past 'Anything' that they consider questionable/ possible unfavorable.

Posted by: joseph's Myth ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 03:03AM

I have yet to see an appologist wiggle out of that one. Ive seen my TBM wife conclude was done with Joseph's Myth after doing that math. Ive seen my TBM. MIL admit, "Joseph's Myth was going straight to hell if that was true"
I assured her it was, but couldn't help but pitty her for being trapped in a religion, started by a pervert. Im just grateful i managed to get out with my family in tact. Screw everything else.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 01:12AM

Wish I had a picture of Zina Huntington (I refuse to grant those bastards the privilege of attaching their names to her). She must have been gorgeous because all the powerful men were panting over her like dogs in heat.

But only one really loved her as a human being. They cared nothing for her tender feelings at being yanked away from the man she loved.

Anagrammy

Date: February 17, 2012 03:25AM

signaturebooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/zina51.jpg
Yeah she wasnt all that hot be today's standards, but back then she was a kno kout

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 01:45PM

Here is one pretty good grouping of what represented the standard of feminine beauty in the 1840s:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallery_of_Beauties

Extant photos of poor Zina Huntington (admittedly taken later in life) don't quite make muster. But we can be sure her Holy Priesthood Stud Stable used and abused her pretty hard which contributes to premature aging, too. And perhaps she possessed other qualities which we can only imagine. ;-)

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 01:35AM

None of these creeps cared a hoot about whether the woman wanted to screw everyone else's husband. Women were just cattle to them, breeders to get children to get to the CK. Gag me with an entire place setting!!

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 03:13AM

Its very hard to debate ppl who constantly rape the language like Joseph Smith on his latest vulnerable teen age girl house guest soon to be bride. nailing jello to a wall was/is the expression frequently used here. MORmONS would be a lot more responsive to seeing their theiving POS leaders put in prison, and seeing their LDS INC churchco taxed into oblivion.

Date: February 17, 2012 12:58PM

It says right in the description that D&C 132 is the law of the priesthood, governing plural marriage. Pretty tough to weasel out of that fact when its righr ther in black and white.
It's not tough to win any argument with a Mormon, just point out the fact that the first two Prophets of the church had sex with other mens wives and back it up. That shuts them tf up.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 01:52PM

References that I have seen are just not very convincing proofs that they were having sex with other men's wives.

Date: February 17, 2012 04:17PM

D&C 132:63 clearly states that the sole purpose of plural marriage is to reproduce. According to the church's own geneological records Brigham Young sired a child w/ Zina. There's no denying that.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 04:41PM

Zina's marriage to smith is described as a sealing or celestial marriage and there is no evidence that their marriage was consumated. There is also evidence that zina was divorced from her first husband before she married Brigham Young. So it was OK for her to have a child with him.
It's all quite confusing.

Date: February 17, 2012 05:42PM

Here's the facts we can all agree upon, hopefully, which are damning enough,

#1. Smith married Zina Huntington Jacobs, who was at the time married to Henry Jacobs. That's a matter of historical record. Calling it a "sealing or celestial marriage" doesn't erase the fact that she was already married to Henry when Joseph took her as HIS own wife, when she was 7months pregnant with Henry's child.

#2. Marrying other men's wives clearly violates,
A. The law of the land
B. The sacred vow of marriage between a man and his wife before God.
C. The 10 commandments, which specifically says "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife." and "Thou shalt not commit adultery".
D. Common human decency
E. The Mormons own 'law of the priesthood' which Smith claimed to have recieved directly from Gods lips, which is still contained in D&C 132:61, and clearly states, "if any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another, and the first give her consent, (violation #1, he didn't get Emma's consent for polyandrous affairs) and if he espouse the second, and they are virgins, (violation #2, married women are obviously not virgins) and have vowed to no other man, then is he justified;(Violation #3, since 11 of his 'wives' were vowed to other men, he was not justified) he cannot commit adultery for they are given unto him; (Violation #4, he did commit adultery, since they were not given to him.) for he cannot commit adultery with that that belongeth unto him and to no one else." (Violation #6, he did commit adultery, since they didn't belong to him, they belonged to their husbands. Women were considered property back then, kind of like livestock)

I have seen zero evidence that Henry divorced Zina prior to Brigham Young taking her as his own and siring children with Henry's wife and I've seen a lot of records.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zina_D._H._Young#Marriages_and_children

Henry Jacob's Wife, Zina
Prescindia's twenty-year-old sister Zina was living in the Joseph Smith home when Elder Henry B. Jacobs married her in March 1841. According to family records, when Zina and Henry asked Joseph Smith why he had not honored them by performing their marriage, Smith replied that "the Lord had made it known to him that [Zina] was to be his Celestial wife." Believing that "whatever the Prophet did was right, without making the wisdom of God's authorities bend to the reasoning of any man," the devout Elder Jacobs consented for six-months-pregnant Zina to be sealed to Joseph Smith 27 October 1841. Some have suggested that the Jacobs's marriage was "unhappy" and that the couple had separated before her sealing to Joseph Smith. But, though sealed to Joseph Smith for eternity, Zina continued her connubial relationship with her husband Henry Jacobs. On 2 February 1846, pregnant with Henry's second son, Zina was re-sealed by proxy to the murdered Joseph Smith and in that same session was “sealed for time" to Brigham Young. Faithful Henry B. Jacobs stood by as an official witness to both ceremonies.
("History of Henry Bailey Jacobs." By Ora J. Cannon, page 5-7. also see "Recollections of Zina D. Young" by Mary Brown Firmage)

Zina and Henry lived together as husband and wife until the Mormon pioneers reached Mt. Pisgah, Iowa. At this temporary stop on the pioneer trail, Brigham Young announced that "it was time for men who were walking in other men's shoes to step out of them. Brother Jacobs, the woman you claim for a wife does not belong to you. She is the spiritual wife of brother Joseph, sealed up to him. I am his proxy, and she, in this behalf, with her children, are my property. You can go where you please, and get another, but be sure to get one of your own kindred spirit" (Hall 1853, 43-44). President Young then called Jacobs on a mission to England. Witnesses to his departure commented that he was so emotionally ill they had to "put him on a blanket and carry him to the boat to get him on his way".
("Short Sketch of the Life of Henry B. Jacobs" By Ora J. Cannon)

Henry returned from his mission and settled in California. But he was still in love with his wife Zina, now a plural wife of Brigham Young. Henry's letters to his wife Zina were heartrending. On 2 September 1852 he wrote: "O how happy I should be if I only could see you and the little children, bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh." "I am unhappy," Henry lamented, "there is no peace for poor me, my pleasure is you, my comfort has vanished.... O Zina, can I ever, will I ever get you again, answer the question please." In an undated Valentine he added:
Zina my mind never will change from Worlds without Ends, no never, the same affection is there and never can be moved I do not murmur nor complain of the handlings of God no verily, no but I feel alone and no one to speak to, to call my own. I feel like a lamb without a mother, I do not blame any person or persons, no--May the Lord our Father bless Brother Brigham and all purtains unto him forever. Tell him for me I have no feelings against him nor never had, all is right according to the Law of the Celestial Kingdom of our god Joseph [Smith]." ("Short Sketch of the Life of Henry B. Jacobs" By Ora J. Cannon)

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 05:59PM

Joe and Brig, what have you done? There will be no "heavenly felicity" for either of you scum.

Posted by: John Taylor ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 05:14PM

I will have to look up the references but there is a document available that was put out by the Missionary Training Center in the 1800's. It was a transcript of a talk given to the missionaries by Zina Huntington about her relationship with Joseph Smith in which she says her marriage to Joseph Smith was a marriage in every sense of the word.

The document and the missionary training was necessary at the time to confirm that polygamy was sent by God to Joseph. They were trying to counter the claim by Emma Smith and the RLDS that polygamy was invented by Bringem Young.

With regard to Brigham having sex with Zina he took her as a wife (she was already sealed to JS and Henry Jacobs) and sent Henry packing. Even if he were NOT already boinking her it is definitely wrong to send a man away from his wife, grant her a divorce and then marry her yourself when you already have multiple wives.

Any way you look at this it is obscene and disgusting.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 07:14PM

is to go to a Romney rally where questions are allowed, and ask him where thousands can hear you question and his not answering.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.