Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: HusbandofTBM ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 11:45PM

icanseethelight,
Did you happen to watch the video I posted a while back called
"unveiling grace"?
You might want to have your wife watch it, my wife did, and I wont say any miracles happened, but it showed a different view then she expected from people who left the church.
ie not the typical "had feelings hurt" or whatever.

FYI I'm not religious (I grew up Catholic, but dont ever remember being a believer).

Sorry this is a quick message I'm sending on the the sly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl0c5nl6u48&feature=player_embedded

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 12:38AM

I wonder if Micah Wilder is holding back other reasons that may have been a stronger catalyst for him leaving the church? With the back ground music serving up drama and insighting emotions, it almost feels like Josephs Smith's, "I saw a pilar of light, exactly over my head above the brightness of the noon day sun..." in that famous video.

Saved by grace or saved by works, either way you look at this dichotomy, it still shows a grand paradox in its meaning. Its like saying the glass is half full versus half empty. If it were only for this one contradiction in the Bible I could understand, but no, there are too many to count.

Bronze aged myths served up for the weak minded in order to take your money

Date: February 17, 2012 04:09PM

OntheDownLow,
Im just suprised once he came to the realization
the BOM is a hoax, and dedicating so much of
his life to the tscc , that he can believe in any religion.
Having said that, I still enjoy watching their exit stories.

Posted by: topper nt ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 12:42PM

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 04:07PM

Date: February 19, 2012 02:15PM

Anybody know of any other exit story videos?
I watched the Glenn Beck conversion story video with her, so I think it's payback time!

Posted by: justbreathe ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 02:27PM

Micah is a good guy. I went to school with him and he was a very "Peter Priesthood" type of guy. I was not that way in school and therefore we didn't hang out at all. He was a good acquaintance at school and we talked from time to time. He had some interesting things said to him when he was on his mission in Florida by those who were his leaders and companions. He went through a lot to find out the church wasn't what he though it was. I mean come on, he was a temple worker, weekly, before he left on his mission. He was very devoted to the LDS church. His mother, also very devoted, gave up her job with the church at BYU. This family, for what it is worth, went through a transformation. The great thing is that they were able to do it together. I am all for support, hence why I come on here and read the comments that are expressed by those who share. As for Micah having more to share because of a the "I saw a pillar of light" situation, I don't think so. Yes, he has seen a different light and it has shown him what the church is really about, but he is positive in what he does and he truly feels the direction he is going right now is correct. He has told me he isn't Baptist, but he is a christian. One of the hardest things for me is trying to decipher between what is a belief I can hold onto and what is not. I don't see myself going his direction as of now, but who knows in the future. It is hard to transition from an "all of nothing" church to one that is just trying to bring awareness of grace. I say well done to those in the youtube film. I hope them the best.

Posted by: knowitsfalse ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 04:44PM

I stayed up late watching the video when it was linked in this thread a few days ago. Then I watched it again and got to bed about 2am. I'll say that it touched me more than anything from my many years as a BIC Mormon (I'm 62 now). I downloaded their (Adam's Road) music and have been enjoying it.

I wish I could be a believing "New Testament" Christian, but I've always been a person who believes in investigating and questioning the basic assumptions of things I'm interested in. That not only caused me problems with my mormon beliefs, but it causes problems with Christianity and any religion (and other non-religious things also).

I think I'm going to ask my TBM wife to watch the video, it can't hurt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 04:49PM by knowitsfalse.

Date: February 19, 2012 08:24PM

justbreathe,
Wow someone around here that actually knows the family, small world.
What was the gossip about the Wilder when they left the church?
Was it the typical "got offended" or "had feelings hurt".....etc?

Date: February 19, 2012 08:35PM

knowsitsfalse,
I'm glad you (and knowsitsfalse among others) enjoyed it,
I've probably watched it ten times now.
I guess its possible to be Christian friendly and not be Christian, just like you can be gay friendly and not be gay (which I am,... oh I mean friendly not gay).
Please report back if your wife watches it!

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 11:56AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.