Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 10:12PM

In 1999, a tornado hit SLC, almost devastating Temple Square and the COB. The faithful saw it as the Lord sparing holy ground. Smart asses like me saw it as God missing.

He missed again last November when a giant fireball streaked over Utah and hit somewhere near or in the Dugway Proving Ground. God's calculations were off just a hair again, perhaps forgetting to adjust for Daylight Saving Time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:17AM

elevation, barometric pressure, humidity,etc. At some point, he'll get it write. He's tried wind and fire. Perhaps he'll try Earth this time. (Earth, wind, and fire). Third times a charm. Course, if something did happen, they'll just blame it on the wickedness of the members in SLC.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:26AM

which means everyone should abandon SLC rather quickly.

Of course, depending on which prophets said what when, he may or may not be progressing...

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:11AM

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Course, if something did happen, they'll just
> blame it on the wickedness of the members in SLC.

let's hope for a direct hit on the cob then =)

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:59AM

...those unworthy in SLC. Remember the tornado went around the temple and the COB? (That's what the "faithful" said.)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:02AM

When is he going to f*cking succeed? Hey, I'm WAITing, God! Where are you when we need you?

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:03AM

... THIS wasn't the place (Main St. and South Temple), but just a few blocks west ... then GOD would have been dead on.

God: "Dang that Brigham, always having it his own way!!!"

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:04AM

God must have been sending the world a message when he flooded downtown SLC in the late 80's.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:42AM

Utah very rarely gets tornadoes, so what were the chances of getting one that strikes Temple Square? That seems like a very obvious warning from God, if you look at it from an Old Testament point of view. No, Mormons talked up the fact that it destroyed a gay bar. I'm assuming because the gay bar wasn't built from blocks of solid granite.

I think these warnings are in regards to the abysmally low home teaching stats in the Salt Lake valley. Better watch it, Mormons. God has your number. He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. If you aren't careful, he's going to destroy his own buildings.

Posted by: Veritas ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:01PM

A former USGS geologist I met this summer at a geology-for-HS teachers workshop said that SLC is the next seismic sleeper in the West ripe for a big earthquake. She spent time with the USGS surveying the faults that run through the SL Valley.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 10:38AM

I've been secretly hoping for years that God would get around to shaking the ground under the temple. When the big one comes I hope that the temple and COB just fall to the ground and maybe the TBMs will look at it like the temple in Jerusalem that was destroyed a couple of thousand years ago. Hey, we act like that was done because the Jews were wicked.

But alas, the average TBM would just look at it as a test from God and they would all pitch in to rebuild. A few fundie Mormons would take it as a sign that the church was wicked but most wouldn't even bat an eye and just send more money to SLC.

Oh well.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:09PM

You guys are all fantasizing. LOL! God really doesn't care than much about SLC, I'm sure of it. Its like his little ant farm up on his shelf. I've fantasized this faith will implode from the inside as soon as everyone finds out its not true. Is that going to happen? I doubt it.

Posted by: jbryan ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:12PM

Don't forget the lightning bolt that hit Moroni. I think he was trying to hit Packer in the ass with it.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 06:12PM

Isn't he stronger than Jesus in the average Mormon mind? Turning away God's wrath to protect Satan's temple, protecting his people from floods and fire from the sky etc.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 09:19PM

That salted up unusable lake should have been a clue.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 02:35AM

Or does god just love to destroy gay bars that are located in old crumbling brick buildings ?

Posted by: God ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 09:13AM

Come on Guys give me a break.
I'm trying to hit that Beck bloke without damaging my Mall...

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 11:24AM

Posted by: tapirbackrider ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 04:49PM

Some time soon, geologically speaking, God, or Vulcanus or Hesphestus will fry hapless SLC, yea, the whole mountain west, when the Yellowstone Supervolcano erupts. Maybe SLC won't fry but it will be under a thick blanket of volcanic ash that will choke out all life, at least human life. It should happen within a few decades or a few hundred years. Not long geologically speaking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.