Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 10:02AM

Went to a hospice seminar the other day. One topic was patients' beliefs in an afterlife and how those beliefs shape the dying experience.

The speaker said, "Some people believe in the Christian heaven or hell dichotomy, some believe there is nothingness and Mormons believe the soul travels to Kolob."

It just sounded so cultish and bizarre. I can't believe I spent most of my life bowing my head and saying "yes" to this weirdness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonexmo ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 10:09AM

I was a seminary teacher, gospel doctrine teacher and that was never taught. The spirit world is where the dead go which surrounds this earth. Eventually after the millenium the earth goes to Kolob.

this person was uninformed. Can you imagine her saying something like , "Rest now. Go to Kolob." To some TBM with their family standing around!

We taught you go to the spirit world or spirit prison and you get to be a missionary there.

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 10:11AM

Yeah technically the Mormons believe that the Spirit world is here on the earth so the spirits just float around here indefintitley, along with billions of hosts of heavens that got kicked out with Satan - much less bizzare ;)

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 10:46AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.