Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Johnnyjohn ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 08:50PM

HI ALL

There I was, reflecting upon my life when a thought came to me...

I have thought of an easy way to plant the little mustard seed of doubt in the hearts of our poor mormon-captive brothers and sisters. Wanted to see what you thought...

I want roll out to a sacrament meeting in a random area where nobody will know me. Bring a clipboard with some paper on it. I'll dress in a polo and jeans so I'll clearly be an outsider but still seem like I was trying to look church appropriate. Using the clipboard I'll appear to be writing things during the meeting. I'll obviously seem like an outsider but will remain approachable and presentable.

Somebody will definitely feel the spook tell them that they should come talk to me... When people say hi and ask about my story I'll say 

"hi, it is good to meet you. I am actually here working on my thesis for my doctorate in religious studies and sociology." Defensive and curious, I'd imagine that will prompt more questions... I will eventually say "actually, my thesis outlines my study of the decline of LDS church membership since the creation of the Internet." 

I'd of course have the discussion in a very pleasant way... Avoiding as much contention as possible. 

My goal here would be for the people I talk to to then tell the sister next to them in relief society about their visit with me. Then the wonderful Mormon gossip chain would take over. The gossip chain would be its own worst enemy and spread the talks of the church crashing and burning throughout the ward. 

The goal would be to open the eyes of somebody out there and save them from the shit I've been subjected to by that fucking piece of shit cult. (sorry)

Any adjustments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 17, 2012 10:39PM

Yes, I have a suggestion. Why don't you stand apart by being a person with integrity.

Stop faking. I know it's a habit and hard to break, but the whole LDS thing is imploding, you don't have to do a thing. Just pull up a lawnchair and popcorn and enjoy the crumbling with us.

If you want to have some fun at church, ask questions. No faking required. Like, "So why does the church familysearch website show Joseph Smith married women who were already married to his friends. Can you explain that?" Or choose one from hundreds of possibilities.

I have fun commenting on blogs, also. You are a good writer, so you might also enjoy that.

Best

Anagrammy

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 05:45AM

anagrammy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stop faking. I know it's a habit and hard to
> break, but the whole LDS thing is imploding, you
> don't have to do a thing. Just pull up a
> lawnchair and popcorn and enjoy the crumbling with
> us.

Hahahahahhahahahaa lol

Posted by: smorg ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 12:05PM

Anagrammy gives good advice. The idea may seem entertaining, but it's best not sinking to the fakes' level. And if you are found out, imagine what glee that'd put in their head (see how immoral and tricky those apostates are? Didn't we warn you so?).

Posted by: Anony ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:28AM

I don't think it would put much of a dent into anybody's testimony....

AND,...as naive as some Mormons are...they might still suspect your an ex-Mormon

BUT...I think it would be an interesting experiment... if you do it, please come back and share how it all went down

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.