Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Diane ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:53PM

So not nearly as bad, but I was reminded of this from her post.

In the early 80s, I was just out of high school and in a singles ward for the first time. The ward was composed of a lot of UVU (before it was UVU) and BYU students who lived at home still, as well as a few non-student YAs.

At that time, they allowed the 2nd counselor to be unmarried. So we had this guy in his early 30s who had dated a lot of the pretty women in the ward, once each, but always told them that he didn't find them to be "marriage material" and he didn't continue to date anyone that he didn't plan to marry.

I got the calling to co-teach a Sunday school class. I taught one week, and a guy I knew taught the other week.

The 2nd counselor issued the calling and told me that he met with the SS teachers weekly for an interview. I went for several weeks, but was a bit mystified by the weekly meeting when I only taught every two weeks. I mentioned this to the guy who taught on the off weeks and he said...you guessed it..."what interview??"

So I just stopped showing for our weekly interview. I never got my date either. I must not have been worthy! Oh well. :)

This same guy lived in a condo across from my house and he walked to the local grocery, bought his groceries, wheeled them to the bushes across the street from my house, and abandoned the cart in the bushes every week. Every few weeks someone from the store would come and load up his carts and take them back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Diane ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:55PM

Last I heard he had still not found a girl worthy of him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.