Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheIrrationalShark ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:35PM

Last year in Seminary, I remember hearing a song about Tithing. It went with the tune of the Flinstone's theme song, saying "tithing, pay your tithing..."

I don't remember the other lyrics, but I remember that the teacher said it was like paying for insurance so that we don't get "burned" in the "Second Coming." Does anyone else find that extremely creepy? Not only are they demanding you to pay money, but they're using threats towards the youth.

Also, look at these songs:

http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=150&searchsubseqstart=b&searchseqend=150&searchsubseqend=b

http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=150&searchsubseqstart=b&searchseqend=150&searchsubseqend=b

These songs don't make me feel "warm" or "love," these songs scream "corporation."

Also, read this if you haven't yet:
http://archives.exmormon.org/Mormon-Church-and-Humanitarian-Aid

It's awful, isn't it? They build numerous big and glorious as well as expensive buildings exclusive for members of TSCC, and to do what? Get married? Baptisims for the dead? Is this really what Jesus Christ would really want? Y'know, the man who said to give everything to the needy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Davo ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 02:01AM

The creepiest part of tithing for me now is--
it's having to PAY to get to heaven.

Ie. If you don't pay you can't go to the temple for your endowments. No endowments? No Living with God in CK (exaltation).

I don't believe any other denomination treats the tithe doctrine as a commandment (a threat) for "salvation"--tho I could be wrong...

Posted by: abacab08 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 09:58AM

I know members who don't pay and still go to temple. If you ever seen some of the financial aid members get, would make you so sick.

The money is abused 100%

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 05:58PM

I've said it before....the MORG has never gotten $.01 from me....never will either....so sorry for all of you that paid through the nose only to watch it being squandered by the criminal GA's.....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.