Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 02:12AM

Barf. How long have they been saying; "He is mindful of you. You have come to earth at a time of great opportunities and also of great challenges"

The challenges may have changed, but there aren't any more. Stupid profit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: student ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:42AM

Is gen Y even specialer? Because they have the temptation of sexting?

I miss being special.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 07:51AM

Having an issue here. If sexual sins are right behind murder in seriousness, then why do people often just get probation or disfellowshipped instead of exed, but you get exed for stealing church funds and a host of other things.

Cogdis is setting in!

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 08:23AM

The message that will be said:

The world is moving head-on into the end-of-days where wickedness is rampant and greater than at any other time.

The subtext for us exmos:
When they tell us not to judge Joe and Briggy by today's standards, that they lived by a code of a different era, they really mean: We know better, live better and don't tolerate statutory rape of 15 polygamous wives, but we're more wicked.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:04AM

When I was a teenager, I was told that these were eternal unchanging standards. Why do they need a new edition?

I suppose the world and Satan are in cahoots more than ever, and new evils (like skinny jeans) are being developed every day. Good thing we have the "Watchmen on the Tower." Anyway, I'll be interested to see how long these two tidbits of "unchanging" truth remain in force.

"The Lord’s standard regarding sexual purity is clear and unchanging."

"Do not arouse those emotions in your own body."

"Homosexual and lesbian behavior is a serious sin. If you find yourself struggling with same-gender attraction or you are being persuaded to participate in inappropriate behavior, seek counsel from your parents and bishop. They will help you."

BTW: "persuaded to participate." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Here they go again, promoting the stupid rumor that gays are recruiting people to "participate" in a homosexual lifestyle. Shows they are still resisting the notion that people just are gay or lesbian. Sad.

Posted by: westernwillows ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:17AM

I went to high school with a lot of brilliant, high achieving LDS girls. They took the AP classes, were a part of several clubs/organizations/sports, volunteered their time...to what end? Most of them went off to BYU and got married by the time they were 20. Most of them don't work anymore, have 2-3 kids over the last 10 years...so what was the point of all that education? Of pushing yourself so hard in high school only to let that education sit in your brain until your kids are grown? When I was in YW 10-15 years ago, they told us we were supposed to go to college to 1. find an RM and 2. so that we could support our family but ONLY IF WE NEEDED TO. We were to EXPECT our husbands to provide a living for our family, and our education was to be used to help our children with their homework. Seems unfair. So do they only mean the Education section for young men, and not YW? I know they will never say that because of the backlash, but as far as I know they're still teaching that a girl's role is to get married and pregnant as fast as she can. I would love to see them encourage more YW to get a good education and go out and make a difference in the world and get some good life experiences, but we all know they will never say that =)

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:41AM

The point of all that education dear was so they could get into YBU and marry! It amazes me that in my location I know several LDS college professors whose children will get a free education if they go to the local college where they teach but they instead send their children to YBU..why you ask? So they will be around the largest young single adult Mormons and find one to marry.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:49AM

"So they will be around the largest young single adult Mormons ..."

I'll agree with that. There were some very large single adult Mormons when I was at BYU. And that was years ago. With the population getting fatter, I'm sure they're even larger now.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

My Dad likes to joke and say that my sister and I failed BYU - we left with college degrees and no spouses.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 05:14AM

It's the same ol same ol crap they told us. We were the chosen generation. The only difference now is they put more photos of black people and asians in the propaganda. It was all white people when I was at BYU.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 05:23AM

I might add when I was at BYU I soon discovered it was full of beautiful girls who were smart that had a big chip on their shoulder that they were forced to go there and they didn't want to be there. Most seemed to be from California from well to do families. If we shared anything it was rebellion and soothing our frustration by screwing each other like monkeys. So much for sexual purity. Sadly I know some of these girls married a return missionary and stayed in the church so they wouldn't be cut off from the family money. These are the young couples you see in Utah living in a home the rich dad bought and they usually work for a rich relative. Some of them are in swinging clubs sharing their spouses with each other. Not too uncommon. In other workds the same schenanigans continue. It's not heathy and it's a result of Mormonism. It's materialistic people feeling trapped and they sexually rebel.

If anything, Momronism leads to a lot of disfunction. It's not a healthy way to live and some of the members with money are the most screwed up of all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.