Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: minus1 ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 01:22PM

I have been following this temple timeline blog for a couple of years. It's fun having insider knowledge of some of the people who have posted there. The difference in who they want their online audience to believe they are and who/what they are in real life is entertaining! Wish I could give more details, but I'm not that brave. Just know that all is *not* well with some parts of this glowing depiction of Zion.

http://kcldstemple.blogspot.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: templenameaaron ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 04:09PM

Minus 1 what stake of zion are you in?

Date: February 22, 2012 06:39PM

I am in the greater KC metro area--don't want to be more specific than that.

Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:43PM

We need street address, dental records, work schedule, an accounting of your daily activities for the week, etc... Oh, nevermind, I forgot that I am not your hometeacher.... (drjekyll turns to mrhyde) "These are not the droids we are looking for... Move along!"

Any TBMs out there in the KC area make you feel like that or are they more chilled out types, quasi-jack-TBMs?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 04:29PM

GOOD ONE!

I couldn't have said it better!

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 04:47PM

Wait, a temple in Kansas City? How did I miss this? Doesn't that mean it's the End of Days, that the Second Coming is nigh? A Brighamite temple there was one of the big things we've all bee waiting for, right? The four horsemen, Gog and Magog, the whole deal???

Shouldn't this be in their press release somewhere?

RG

Date: February 22, 2012 04:48PM

Pack all your toys in the back of the Chevrolet, kids, we're all going to Kansas City! We may have to walk part of the way if industrial civilization collapses before we get to Rawlins...

RG

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 05:00PM

That was in Independence MO. The RLDS(community of Christ) already built the Temple on the prophesied hill in Independence. The Mormon temple is in North KC.

Date: February 22, 2012 05:37PM

So they couldn't even identify the correct Kansas City suburb to build the End of Times Temple in? Seriously, couldn't they have hired a geographer to help them out on this one?

Or maybe with modern GPS they were able to re-translate Joe Smith's revelation and determine that Zion was actually in North Kansas City rather than East Kansas City/Independence?

It's as plausible as anything else, I guess.

Check it out on Google -- LDS, Inc. missed the landing point for Jesus by 14 miles. How do they seriously expect to compete for Jesus's attentions with the C. of C. if they can't even get their temple on the landing site?
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=lds+temple+independence+mo&daddr=7001+Searcy+Creek+Parkway+kansas+city+mo&hl=en&ll=39.15509,-94.479675&spn=0.419572,0.654373&sll=39.158285,-94.426804&sspn=0.209777,0.327187&geocode=Fdx2VAIdQCRf-iEQ3QadQ1LU9A%3BFRx0VgId3Ape-imfce4llvjAhzFHd-HbrtrO9Q&mra=prev&t=m&z=11

RG

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 07:45PM

I guess Joseph got the site wrong when he did the dedication.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 05:00PM

"...they got crazy, little women there and I'm gonna get me one!!!".

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Loins of Fire ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 08:03PM

Kansas City, Kansas City here I come.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 08:35PM

"...they got crazy, little women there and I'm gonna get me SOME!!!".

We are talking mormon aren't we? ;-)

Date: February 22, 2012 06:35PM

They put it in Clay county rather than Jackson county.
Minor little detail there ; )
That was supposed to differentiate it from THE TEMPLE OF DOOM!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 07:50PM

Date: February 22, 2012 08:30PM

I agree. I think it looks like a penitentiary. And the spires are totally hideous.

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:03PM

No doubt it will increase tithing in the area, as the sheepie will be so pressured into spending every last dime they have on the brethren. They were have so much trouble keeping the St Louis temple full, i.e. pressuring stakes to provide attendess to drive 500 miles/8 hour round trips. It was crazy. Now what is the attendence in the St Louis temple going to be like? The parking lot was always empty the way it ways. Morgbots crack me up.

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 08:01PM

I remember when this temple was announced in General Cnference. They made a point to specify that this was not the Independence Temple.

I'll post a link when I get a chance.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 08:14PM

sleazy ass MORmON shysters like Gordon B.S. Hinckley were certainly willing to SELL (STUPID) secret handshakes to anyone and everyone. The MORmON deal makes fast food enterprises look second rate..... as long as there is an endless line of MORmONS who will actually pay for something as totally lame as a family sealing secret handshake. Ala the general public just isnt that stupid, as LDS is going to find out the hard way.

Stupid Ass MORmONS!

What's the business secret of Utah's best known corporation?
- Holding families hostage in eternity and ppl ( MORmONS) stupid enough to buy the secret handshakes to fix things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LA_Eusla4o

Posted by: Temple Chaser ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 09:01PM

I am the writer of the Temple Chaser blog. You apparently think you know me Minus 1.
I'm wondering, who do you think I am in real life?
I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience with the Church. People aren't perfect. But Jesus Christ is our Savior and His Church is true, even if those who attend make mistakes.

Posted by: templenameaaron ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 09:18PM

Hey chase your tale temple chaser which part of "some of the people that have posted there dont you understand"? this could be anyone paranoid girl. stay away from anti sites or you wont make it to kolob with your sister wives. Now bow your head and say yes, and oh yes and veil your face

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 09:29PM by templenameaaron.

Date: February 22, 2012 09:26PM

I don't know you personally, but I do know some of the others who have been featured on your blog. They are the ones I was speaking of.
And a warm Welcome to RfM! Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to stay awhile and browse. You might learn something new about your religion.

Posted by: ex mo from ks ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:19PM

I am also in "zion" and would love an exmo get together. Been thinking about going to the open house just to see it now that my eyes have been opened. Already have a friend that is trying to get sealed in the KC temple. Ugh!

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:13PM

leaders have espoused over the years, yet you seem to ignore this wise counsel. You will now need to go to your bishop, confess that you entered an exmo forum. and then, heaven forbid, conversed with exmo's. Do you honestly think that's okay with the Lord? I say to you, nay, Temple Chaser. Do you see the irony here? You have this marvelous little blog dedicated to the KC temple. It was a great idea. The members, including your bishop, SP, and other leaders will think you are the best thing since the combined meeting schedule. You had it made. You would have been in line for the next bishop. But now you've ruined it by conversing on this site. Your post will be seen by the leaders as a violation of principle.

This action, my dear brother, as benign as it may seem, is a violation of one of the temple questions, is it not, Temple Chaser? Yes, it is, and you know it. The Lord knows what have done. Ye cannot hide. Look, all I can do is try to help you by explaining to you the slippery slope you are on. Today, yes, it's as simple as conversing with Minus1, tomorrow, what?, are you going to start perusing some of the archives. Don't do it. You will find things that you don't want to know, i.e. Joseph Smith marrying 34+ wives, 11 of whom were already married, marriage to a 14 year old, the magic rock and the hat, ...list is endless. Go forth and repent.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 09:09PM

Did you notice where they asked single people to come during the week-day and not week-end? What kind of crazy request is that?

You can only come on week-ends and be visible if your a hetero married couple.

Other than that come during the week when nobody will see you.
Apparently they don't want anyone getting the idea of being single is ok. It's more like you're a leper.

Posted by: just curious ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 09:17PM

O.K. My brain read: The KFC temple open for business. I guess I'm hungry.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 09:20PM

Chicken anyone?

Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:06PM

So maybe my newly exmormon husband and I can make it to this one. That would be fun. Hmm should we pass for members or go as prospects?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.