Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 01:29PM

How does this work exactly?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the temple work is done for a person, there's nothing that the church can do to reverse it. It's an irreversible process. What's been done is done, period.

So, "removing names" is essentially a meaningless act. Just a lie to appease the outside world instead of being honest & up-front about their belief in exclusive power to seal/bind, etc.

To be honest, TSCC should admit that (according to their beliefs), the temple work is binding and there is no way to reverse it - all those holocaust victims are being subjected to missionary discussions by 19 year-old pimple-faced nametag-wearing ghosts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 01:30PM

Maybe they'll all get excommunicated.

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 01:49PM

Outcast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, "removing names" is essentially a meaningless
> act. Just a lie to appease the outside world
> instead of being honest & up-front about their
> belief in exclusive power to seal/bind, etc.

Didn't we learn in the Church that the records kept here have to match the records that are kept in Heaven? Does that mean that God has to shred the records in Heaven if TSCC shreds the records of those Jews baptized Mormon here on earth?

And didn't TSCC tell us that God will use the records kept on earth for or against us? Then God can threaten us with His records. God will say: "Helen, I see here you were baptized in 1964 but in Nov 1996 you left the Church, now off you go to the telestial kingdom."

I look at God and say, "I have a question. Hey I didn't think I got an audience with you until I passed by Brothers Joseph and Brigham?"

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 02:07PM

In a hilarious cycle which can only be called "karma" for the LDS Church, here's what seems to be happening:

They are criticized for having baptized, oh...Satan, for example.

Satan's name is removed from the database as "completed" thus automatically placing his name back on the waiting list to have his work done. He pops up on someone's search and they comment to their wife, "Hey, Liahona, the database says we can do Satan's work--!!!" She replies that it must be the Holy Spirit telling them they are the ones to save Satan, that they have been chosen. Since it's God's will....

Again.

And again.

And those who commune with Jesus Christ are powerless to fix it because of the low wages they pay their computer experts.

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.