Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 02:39PM

The closest TBM family member I have is 300 miles away. I consider it a huge plus. I've had the freedom of working out my exit without any interference from them. Nobody dropping in unexpectedly, or chatting up my bishop. It's a good situation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wings ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 02:54PM

Agree with Mia. Leaving Utah and the drama zone of my family dynamics....the brightest thing I ever did for me. I visit, go when needed for as long as is needed, but life is better without the dynamics I left behind. Sadly, Mormonism permeates far too much of the city of my birth.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 05:29PM

most of them have moved to Utah. Go figure. I frequently wonder if some or most of them would still be as adamantly TBM with all our evil California influences had they stayed. I seem to remember that church leaders a few years ago told people to "stay where they are and build Zion where you live" rather than returning to Utah. I guess the desire for the overwhelming mormon society influence won out.

I'm sad some of them are gone; others not so much.

None of them mess with me about their religion (any more), though I tolerate their blissful and/or harried obedience when I visit.

Oh... yeah, that song is in my head now. Way back machine stuff.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.