Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 07:05PM

After reading so many stories here and on other LDS-related forums about the horrors of love bombing, I decided that I need to teach my kids not to support such nonsense. It seems my ward is using this on the youth AND the Primary under the guise of "Heart Attacks." Now visiting the elderly who normally can't make it I don't mind, but it seems they're visiting the inactives as well. It seems like this is happening tonight, and my kids think this stuff is annoying, so neither of them are going to Mutual/Primary tonight, bwaa haa haa. :-D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 07:28PM

Good for you! In actuality, I would imagine there are very few people who enjoy the tired, old love bombing- especially me.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 07:37PM

I tell my kids they aren't allowed to participate in anti-Mormon activities and since all inactives hate the love-bombing, participating in it makes Mormons look like insensitive jerks and, therefore, is defined as an anti-Mormon activity.

They just roll their eyes because as a victim of love-bombing themselves, they need no convincing to refrain. However, I look forward to the day I can share this insight with a TBM.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 07:38PM

I'd like to have a talk with all mormon kiddies about bribes and why they're not an ethical or honest way of dealing with people. I'd tell them not to accept or be swayed by bribing and not to dish our bribes as a comeon for anyone. This society is being undermined with these materialistic manipulative tactics and we need to train kids to resist.

I'd tell them those who take bribes at a surface level are being easily deceived. Those who see through the effort lose all respect for the perpetrating it.

Glad you're doing teaching your children well. Spread the word! : )

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.