Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elaine Dalton ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 10:54AM

I started a youtube channel about a year ago while I was still quite TBM.
I recently made another video of my exit story and story that lead up to that point. I'm not a good writer so I thought this would be a better method :)

http://youtu.be/BEzsksys83g

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: redstapler ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 03:39PM

Wow, you are a hottie!

And you're so right about becoming a better person and less judgemental person when you leave. It's great!

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 03:52PM

Will watch again with the sound up later when wife has gone to bed.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 03:59PM

Thanks for sharing your story.

Leaving the faith can be hard but you need to do what is right for you.Your belief is your own. You don't answer to anyone on the matter and shouldn't worry about anyone being offended. You don't owe anyone anything— only to yourself.

Live the best life you can for you and those you love. Your true friends will love you back regardless. Best of luck.

Posted by: pharrell ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 04:33PM

I love your voice!

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 04:47PM

Okay, it has to be said. I didn't hear much you said because I was staring at your bosoms. :)

Sorry, I'll listen again.

Ron

Posted by: Quentin Crook ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 04:52PM

She talks!???

Date: February 24, 2012 03:43AM

How old are you, 15??

Posted by: josephsmyth ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 05:14AM

Get a sense of humor, they're just boobs. Americans are waaay too uptight about their bodies. I hate to think in this day and age that we can't compliment women about their obvious endowments, but i know all women can't have DDD sized breasts, nor do all of us find that the most attractive thing about a woman. Personally breasts rate about #1 most beautiful thing about a woman, then probably her smile, and on down the list.
But I've got to tell you, honestly, the first thing that attracted me to my wife was her smile, it helped that she had an amazing body and still does. That's one thing about exMormonism that makes it great, we take a lot better care of ourselves now in our Mid 40's than we did in our 30's, because we were Mormon, which really fosters obesity, mainly I think because of the fact that they're denied so many other pleasures, food is their one good pleasure, so they overindulge in that, since they're making up for all the fun they're missing out on.
It's kinda amazing how many people, like me are sitting here doing what we do.
Are there ExMuslims or ExJW's or ExProtestants or ExCatholic or ExJewish groups that are the equivalent of ExMo?

Date: February 24, 2012 05:36AM

I was joking...relax! If I was bothered about people commenting, they wouldn't be 'on show', as it were.

Carmen.

Date: February 24, 2012 06:42AM

Sorry I didn't see that you were the one in the video responding to that comment. I thought it was somebody else, but no worries.
I loved your accent and you inspired me to record my own "I'm an ExMo" video, but it's a whole lot more brutal than yours. haha
Damn, I'll have to have people preview it here first. haha

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 02:39PM

and you dont have one like the Lancanshires do!! :0 we would need a translator for those people!! :) no real negative commentson your vid ..yet..and if you are making a joke...maybe put a :) after it!! that way people will know.. :)
just sayin...and yeah Ron is 15 or so...but most guys are... well maybe i am up to 18 now...:)
oh wait... you ARE hawt!! and such a sweet spirit!!
no wait that is reserved for the Margaret Thatcher looking gals aint it? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 02:45PM by bignevermo.

Date: February 24, 2012 02:43PM

I am from Lancashire!! Hahaha. No seriously, I'm from Manchester, which is Lancashire technically, but I know which accent you mean. (in all fairness I was putting my least northern accent on)

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 02:47PM

her accent is bad enough...but when she comes back to the US from visiting... i cant understand a bloody word!! :)

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 05:20PM

I think you already know the ward members will not let you go so easily, so be prepared for the Home teachers, missionaries and relief society to keep a check on you and see how you are doing.

They'll try to help you with your questions like The Hat and Rock, Smith's teen wives etc. Likely advise you to read the Book of Mormon etc.

I would say it's still early days for you and Mormonism. I take it you are baptised, so that means they now have the 'book of life on you' as a member, not sure there is anything they can have written in though as you've not been a member too long.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 05:23PM

Date: February 23, 2012 10:07PM

Aw thanks guys!

Posted by: A ANON ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 10:39PM

Elaine, you're right.

Never let anyone tell you what you know, and what you don't know.

Never let anyone tell you what you feel, and what you don't feel.

You have a right to be the real you.

If others can't take it, let it be their problem, not yours.

Lots of love and best wishes!

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 11:46PM

I just finished watching it Elaine! I think you're adorable and intelligent and insightful and wish you the very best as you continue your journey!
About being "vulnerable".....that's how I became a member too. I was a very young and naive 19 year old, estranged from my family and looking for answers when a Mormon friend suggested I meet with the missionaries. Like you, I was very eager to please, and I spent 22 years trying to live a life, a Mormon life, that was pleasing to others.......but ultimately, not pleasing or healthy for me. My temple marriage ended along the way. I have three beautiful kids; in fact you seem about the same age as my oldest, my daughter. All three of them are being raised Mormon.....I hope someday they can transition out of it, and if things keep going the way they are for LD$ Inc, it may well be sooner than later.
Anyway, again I thought it was a great video; it takes a lot of courage to open up and share things that deeply personal, and I hope your resignation goes smoothly :)

Date: February 24, 2012 03:41AM

Thank you so much intellectualfeminist!! That's so sweet I really appreciate it.
I'm 19 now, I've only given 2 years to the church, I can't imagine what it must have been like for you.
I really hope your children can follow their mother's great example someday!
Thanks again,

Carmen :)

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 02:10PM

You ARE the same age as my daughter! And if it's alright with you, I'd like to share your video with her. She's already quite independent-minded, and this might just get her thinking a bit more. As we've noted here, and on other Post/ex-mo forums, young people like you are leaving in droves, and since youth ARE the future.......well, that bodes ill in the long run for TSCC.

Date: February 24, 2012 02:16PM

Yeah that's great!! If she ever wanted to message me on there too, that would be cool. I know it's easier to talk to people of your own age sometimes.

Date: February 24, 2012 09:31AM

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:52AM

You are so hot I did not even hear you in your video.....

Date: February 24, 2012 12:05PM

Lol, was my cleavage too revealing?

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 09:52PM

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 02:30PM

If this topic teaches us anything, it is that the visionaries who created this website were "inspired" to not include member photos. A hint of cleavage and 22 commentators are distracted from the real message - even those who only made a comment on Elaine's face :)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 03:01PM

It's all a learning experience, Brave One, and one of the things you are learning is that cleavage distracts from a woman's message. Especially when you are also beautiful in the face like you are.

Your demonstration of a young woman sharing her strong desire for a family of her own and then the realization that your vulnerability was recognized and exploited... well, nothing like hearing it from the horse's mouth, as they say.

You sharing your experience from your unique POV is so moving and natural, you will be making the world a better place ALREADY! Imagine that--adults are striving and scheming to do that and your bravery is impacting lives for the better already.

You can be very proud of yourself and I'm proud of you for making yourself available for those who don't feel they can trust adults (after being manipulated by them).

I am quite certain you will have that wonderful future with a mate who appreciates your strength and unique personality and who makes you feel more "you" when he's by your side. Wait for that one.

Best to you and thanks for being here on RfM with your valuable point-of-view.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 03:49PM

LOL, I am not 15!! Been there, done that, ... err... more than three times!

Oh, and if someone doesn't want comments on breasticles, don't let me see them.. like that... wait... lemme go look again.. yep, those are nice.

Ron

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 08:39PM

Can I be British? If not, why? If so, where do I sign up? Do I have to use the word "lorry?" I've had to drive on the correct side a lot and can shift with my left hand. Would you put in a good word for me?

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 09:00PM

I'm in love.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 09:19PM

Thank you for sharing your story.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:25PM

I'm so glad you've landed here on RfM while you're so young. I was baptized just weeks after my 17th birthday and I was 50 before I finally got out, by resigning.

I wish I could go back and do it all again differently, but I can't.

Don't worry about what other people think, or about disappointing anyone. Just do what's right for you. That's where true peace lies, I've learned.

Date: February 25, 2012 03:50AM

Thank you all so much for the positive comments :) You're all so lovely.
I was going to say in my original post, I know that anonymity is an issue for some people, but if not, we should definitely get more ex mo stories out there!!

Carmen x

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.