Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 03:31PM

I have often wondered about shedding of blood being an unpardonable sin. I know my father in law killed in Viet Nam and talked it over with somebody such as the bishop and made it right.
From the book I am reading, Ann Eliza Young says "innocent" blood is the saints and does not refer to Gentile blood as it is not innocent. Is anyone in agreement or disagreement with this?

DC 132:27
27 The blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, which shall not be forgiven in the world nor out of the world, is in that ye commit murder wherein ye shed innocent blood, and assent unto my death, after ye have received my new and everlasting covenant, saith the Lord God; and he that abideth not this law can in nowise enter into my glory, but shall be damned, saith the Lord.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 03:32PM by suckafoo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 03:41PM

My parents knew of a murderess, Anne Perry, who was baptised and hence presumed forgiven: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Perry

There was much speculation that the women she murdered was not "innocent" as she was abusive.

Posted by: anonymous ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 04:21PM

I remember when this was said in GC. My husband made the comment that murder was no longer considered unpardonable. I guess god changed his mind again. Even apostates are covered, whodathunk.

"When your desire is firm and you are willing to pay the "uttermost farthing" the law of restitution is held in suspension. Your obligation is transferred to the Lord. He will settle your accounts. I repeat, save for the exception of the very few who defect to perdition, there is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostacy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the atonement of Christ." Elder Boyd K Packer, Ensign, Nov. 1995 19-20

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 04:34PM

Wow. I didn't get the memo! Thanks.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 04:38PM

And that is why they do necrodunking for Ted Bundy, but not for apostates like us.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.