Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Zig ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 09:37AM

This rumor is now spreading like wildfire here in Utah. It was an Anti-Mormon who submitted Anne Frank and Wiesenthal records for necro baptism and that they're doing it purposefully to make the church look bad. And to boot, it is because a Mormon is running for President.

This AM here in SLC, local DJ's were parroting this same line and specifically pointing the finger at Helen Radkey.

The DR temple president is claiming he has NO record of this baptism in "his" temple.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 09:39AM

In this day and age of computers, matching submitted names to a Don'tSubmit-listed database of holocaust names is required. The names should be flagged and checked by COB employees/legal immediately.

But they would rather blame members/ex members, and claim innocence so that the press doesn't blame the instution.

How pathetically narcissistic LDSinc/Monson.

I hope the press runs with the next segment: $60B LDS corp managed so ineptly it can't check for Anne Franke's name in its dinosaur computers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 09:43AM by Jesus Smith.

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:51PM

What do hardcore Mormons do? They go to the temple! Do they go for themselves? Only the first time. Everything after that is for a corpse.

If the church implemented a hard line policy of only baptizing your own dead reletives they'd run out of names in about 24 hours. Now there's no reason to take the youth to the temples. Followed shortly by no endowments for the rest of the temple goers to do. Then what? No reason to go to the temple, no reason to keep paying tithes to keep the recommend.....

...Follow the money. The church will continue to disrepect the dead because there is a lot of money in it.

Stunted

Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:20AM

If its not ok to baptize holocaust victims why is ok to baptize anyone?

Posted by: miner8 ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:23AM

Did you catch the "official church" damage control in their lie? Their public statement says it is disturbing when an "individual" violates the rules. Do you seriously think that a Holocaust name could be obtained and submitted for baptism based on the actions of only one person? Also you know that no Mormon has any motivation whatsoever to baptize someone they are not supposed to in violation of church rules. Why on earth would someone go rogue to do something like that? That alibi is pure Bullship.

The "tip of the iceberg" idea is also relevant. This is only one case that "just happened to be a violation". How likely is it that only the one case brought to light just happens to be a violation of church rules? What are the chances then that the thousands and thousands of other cases not observed also involve violations? Which suggests that LDS rules are meaningless lies told to the public to get them to shut up.

Posted by: miner8 ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:44AM

It is my understanding that leaving the Jews alone was a legal issue agreed upon. I was once told that Mormons believe in obeying laws. I never believed it so I was not fooled once let alone twice. I have never trusted that they would do what they say with their records.
It is common for people handling data to purposely handle it sloppily so they can achieve their desired outcome "by mistake" and yet have an readily available alibi if caught. Most often you see this in grocery stores where sale prices are entered for shelf products very carelessly while price increases are diligently processed. The result is that while honest mistakes should happen 50-50, typically you will find anywhere from 80-90% of store errors err in favor of the store.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:12PM

No quality control when it benefits the corporation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 01:12PM by anagrammy.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:19PM

Welcome to the Mormon world we have had to live in. Have a seat. Want some questions answered?

Step over here and wait....forever.

Have a problem? Just a moment, public relations will be right with you. Oh, it's about genealogy? Public relations should be here soon. There's been a mistake on your request to withdraw your name?

It must have been somebody's mistake.

THERE'S public relations now. Oh--they aren't available? This is Elder Whining N. Blameless from FAIR. He is a volunteer--completely unpaid, aren't you Elder Blameless, and he will be explaining the concept of "presence" and how it applies to your situation.

Thanks for dropping by the COB.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 04:54PM

And, of course, it's easy to place the blame elsewhere when most of the work performed in the temples is via "volunteer"--if there were a paid worker to fire, it could be done, but it's easier to make mistakes and let things slide when it's a lay member.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:26AM

What, that is ridiculous. We haven't been submitting the names of dead Jews to make the church look bad. We have been submitting the names of dead fictional people.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:31AM

so

what happened to 'revelation with respect to one's calling'?

If you follow the line that an anti-mormon submitted the name,
then what about the all the people in the submission process? what about the person doing the baptism?
what about the people doing the confirmation?

didnt they have a 'stupour of thought'?
didnt the HG whisper in their ear that this shouldnt be done?
didnt they have a 'feeling'?

all this talk of 'experiences too sacred to share' and this would be a prime candidate for 'an experience'

was JC too busy talking to tommy boy about wearing G's while gardening?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:34AM

And since this was Ann's ninth time getting dunked, one has to wonder why the Holy Ghost, or even an angel would not appear to stop it. Ann has been saved, so all that is left to do is to protect the church from the harm of bad press. I guess God was too busy trying to keep gays from marrying.

Posted by: omen ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 10:52AM

Also:

1. Joseph Smith didn't bed 14 year old girls....it was anti-mormon time travelers dressed as Joe.

2. Brigham didn't rule with an iron fist and have dissenters killed, it was Zuul from the Ghostbusters movie temporarily possessing his body.

3. Science has proven the BOM true time and again....but it's being concealed by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew from the Muppets.

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 03:18PM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:01AM

If I was out to make the Church look bad by submitting names for baptism, I would do Adolph Hitler and I would keep misspelling his name until it went through. Oh yeah, Mormons already did Adolph Hitler.

Which reminds me. Anne Frank was done NINE TIMES. Did anti-Mormons submit her name nine times? All nine?

That's ridiculous.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:06AM

Even my TBM, genealogy obsessed mom wouldn't believe these baptisms were the work of anti-Mormons trying to make the church look bad. And frankly, nothing makes the church look worse than their members displaying this kind of paranoid, finger-pointing, ridiculous behavior. I mean, they look stupid making this claim and look worse, almost, than if they just admitted some member did the work and punish that member. Taking responsibility and fixing the problem is the only way to gain any respect. Displaying an almost diagnose-able level of paranoia isn't. If I heard a member say this, I'd point out they are making the church look worse by this claim and this sort of paranoid behavior.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:07AM

I've heard better lies from nine-year-olds.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:46AM

If you go to www.peoplefind.com and do a search for Anne Frank in the USA, you will get about 235 hits. I am guessing that if you could search worldwide for all the living Anne Frank and all those that have died in the last 200 years, the list be in the 5000 range.

So how does anyone out there in the general public know which of the 5000 Anne Franks has been dead-dunked and which have not been?

I think this is much ado about nothing. It is just another sad comment on the blatant stupidity of the human race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 11:47AM by saviorself.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:57AM

When you submit work to the temple, according to my know-it-all, genealogy obsessed mom, you need a date of birth and a date of death - unless the date of birth was more than 110 years ago. Usually you would submit the info with a place of birth and place of death and other info, if you had it. It would be pretty easy to see if an Anne Frank died in Bergen Belsen on a given date at a given age that this was THE Anne Frank. Especially if it had her date of birth, which would be routinely included if they had it. They aren't just baptizing Anne Frank ... and that's all the info you have on her. There would be more distinguishing info on the genealogy record.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:27PM

I hate it when I have to tell the damn apologists how to do their jobs properly...

From the Wise Ol' Cabbbie's "Book of Lies":

"Wherever possible, a lie should always be more believable than the truth."

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:43PM

Since the church claims their members are instructed to submit only their relatives for dead dunking, it would be really easy to require a Member Number and how that person is related to that member to submit any name for temple work. That way if there's a problem, they could verify who submitted the name, and it would keep their members honest.

Easy solution.

Will they do that? Doubt it. But maybe they'll surprise us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 12:44PM by lillium.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:14PM

I'll answer my own question. No they won't do it because then they'd have no one to blame when their own overzealous members (ie 90% of them) continue to arrogantly baptize anyone they damn well please.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 03:45PM

nailed it

+100

ChurchCo 'get it'?

no, they'd have to 'fess more.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:48PM

so antis submitted her name nine times ?

That how many necrodunkings she has had.

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:17PM

That's not true : the church makes itself look far worse than any anti-Mormon could ever do.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:20PM

and the biggest anti MORmON ever raped many MORmONS in the name of God. maybe you have heard of him, his name is Joe SMith.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:20PM

Riiiiiight. And what is the explanation for this type of thing happening for many years now?

Back in 2000 when I was a member, we were told we should only submit names of family members b/c of this problem. Hardly an ex-mo conspiracy, it's over-zealous mo-mo's doing it.

Posted by: mr. mike ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 03:36PM

This is the flip side of the "faith-building rumor": the "defensive story." I have heard these excuses so many times with Fundamentalist preachers - "the Devil made Pastor X have that affair"; "my mission didn't succeed because of [blank]" when it was their fault for cluelessly breaking the cultural rules of their mission area, etc. Until these Protestant offshoots (and I count Mormonism as somewhat Protestant) act like adults and admit their mistakes, they will never advance and mature like other Christian sects.

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 03:58PM

Posted by: summer kites ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 04:15PM

I always find it obnoxious when mormons claim that anything said or done that doesn't make the church look good, must have been said/done by a non-mormon out to make the church look bad.

Because they are suggesting that ALL mormons are just the nicest people who would never say or do anything that puts the church in a bad light. *sigh*

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 04:23PM

It's not to bad that she was done recently its much worse that she was done 8 times before and they did nothing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.