Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:25PM

detailing the lies of Mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:33PM

If exmormon forum wants to take the lead and open an account for donations I will start it off with a donation/pledge. I would love to see an ad in the NY Times.

Who else is in?

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:57PM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 12:04AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 12:35AM

I disagree. Nobody reads the paper anymore, and New York is the wrong city. I say we advertise on radio, in Utah, during primary rush hours.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 02:14AM

That Station won't be getting ANY MORE 'and I'm a Mormon' $ !

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 10:06AM

and emotions, not facts. How many times have we pointed out facts to a mormon, or any believer in any other screwy thing for that matter, and gotting nothing but a glazed look at best or anger at worst?

Mormons are not converted on facts so providing the facts won't deconvert them. They were converted on their feelings and emotions so if you want to have an impact I would find a way to address the emotions that converted them in the first place.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 01:43PM

I used to be TBM. The facts got me out. I thank ex-Mormons for showing me the truth with facts otherwise I'd probably still be Mormon.

Posted by: chimes ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 10:21AM

I have thought about this for some time. Yes, a large add detailing the facts would be very effective in carefully selected markets/newspapers. I would love to see it in the major paper of the following cities:

Boise, ID Twin Falls, ID Mesa, AZ San Jose, CA Anaheim, CA

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 10:21AM

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 10:37AM

An ad in the paper? That's how they did things in the 1990s.

Today, marketers know that digital strategies are more effective, and social marketing is king.

We are already doing the latter quite effectively, with blogs, Facebook, comments on MSM news articles and editorials etc. We could step this up, but based on the number of people leaving and joining, we are winning.

But if want to directly counter the Morg's online marketing strategies, i.e. Googleads, professional websites etc, we will need very deep pockets.

I suggest the best use of a small budget would be to recruit an army of social volunteers to step up the social media campaign. A website could aggregate all the Mormon stories in the news and direct people to add comments. Internet memes created and given to spread over FB, blogs, Twitter etc.

Basically, just get more people talking. Make it impossible to be a Mormon on the internet without crossing paths with the truth, whether they like to hear it or not.

Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 01:40PM

I think there is merit in this idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2012 02:09PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 01:47PM

Simple billboards like:

Church Historian: Mormons quitting church like never before.
Find out why.
www.Exmormon.org

could plant a lot of doubt and a lot of seeds.

I know it is a little bit like what they do over at PostMo, but I think it could be effective. This website is EASY to remember and could be an excellent resource. There could be others, but the key is keeping it simple and easy to read and remember.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 02:12PM

LOL, where do you think they got the idea :). Same thing with "You are not alone" - straight off RfM. Eric does not want to do advertising like that, one reason this second foundation was started.

Posted by: jameswilmons ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 01:59PM

The only benefit about putting a full page ad in the Sunday New York Times would be the hope that entities like CNN, Fox News, MSNBC would pick it up and run stories about it, which would lead to an even bigger audience, TV, radio, internet etc.

Imagine if CNN would pick up on a story that headlined, Mormon Prophet Joseph Smith married other men's wives.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.