Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: February 25, 2012 04:27AM

The thread about the Ensign article on "gospel culture" and Africa caused me another disgusting, strangely entertaining trip to lds.org. Being a curious person--sometimes the wrong kind of curious--I wanted to know what gospel culture is. Or I should say what the Mormon overlords say it is, not that I can't guess.

I didn't find out, because the March Ensign isn't online yet. But I did discover a link, "BibleVideos.LDS.org Is Church's Gift to the World."

Really? Because I thought their gift to the world was a few million small-minded weirdos who are incapable of normal human interaction. I had to click on the link. Then I went to the bible videos site and watched the introductory video.

Oh, man. Can you say, "trying too hard"? How much of what they steal from members must they must spend on marketing.

The other thing that struck me, as it always does when I visit the ridiculous lds.org, is the leaders are REALLY OLD.

Anyone with access to the March Ensign who cares to enlighten me on what gospel culture is, please do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.