Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 09:12AM

I'd be excited if Mitt gets the presidency. I never voted for a Republican Candidate but I'd definbitely vote for this guy, just because He is a Mormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 09:12AM

Date: February 29, 2012 09:28AM

I always wanted to get my money's worth of the Church I invested so much. This is a great opportunity to see the change or Downfall of the Church. Something's gotta give in.
(Besides our political Party system is the biggest joke; What difference does it make which candidate is elected?)

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 09:28AM

Look at all the "exposure" the church is getting right now and he's only a candidate. LOL!

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:00AM

Republicans will vote Republican even if the guy's from Mars -- however -- A lot of people recognize that Romney lies, flip-flops, and makes stuff up -- par for the course for a Mormon. Most people know very little about Mormonism, but Romney will shine the spotlight on the nonsense. The greatest fear for Mormons is that the public will become educated about them --- who will be left to convert?

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:08AM

It would be an interesting train wreck. Who doesn't love a good train wreck? Specifically the Mormon train to Zion.....come take a look at what the baggage compartment was packed with. OMG

Date: February 29, 2012 10:11AM

This is what I perceive for LDS Church. I am not necessarily rooting for Church's demise but it is way past time of payback.
They need to answer lots of Q's.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:12AM

even Utah news (I've been out of state for a few weeks) is reporting the baptism issues.

BUT as for flipflopping, etc., show me a politician who doesn't flipflop. I'm so weary of every politician out there.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:59AM

And who knows, Romney might be able to bring peace to the Middle East, since he is used to dealing with religious wackjobs who live in the desert.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 12:50PM

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 11:18AM

Better stock up your 3-yr supplies, the end is near, right? *rolls eyes*

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 03:29PM

Believe me I'm afraid...very afraid of a Romney presidency.

Thankfully it doesn't look very likely, even if he does get the nomination, which he probably will.

But you never know...

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 12:54PM

At least consider the damage he could do appointing judges who serve for life (depending on your point of view, of course).

Posted by: Kyle ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 09:54PM

I doubt it would happen.. but a major score would be that Pres. Romney at some point distances himself from the embarrassment of membership in the Mormon church. THAT would be priceless.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.