Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 08:58PM

It's hilarious that we already have probable mormon plants on this wonderful new site, and their intent is to curb free expression. This is what a couple of them said On my current thread about the slime who wants to take down me and my friends here.

These questionable morgish characters suggested that the quickest way to stir up trouble with anyone is to criticize their religion.

I don't agree. That IS the quickest way to annoy mormons, but not members of normal churches. No one wants their religious views denegrated, but only mormons and very very cultish religious groups go crazy, claim persecution, or go for blood when they sense that someone thinks their cult is anti-family, racist, sexist, or homophobic.

I have NEVER felt I must constrain my distain for the mormon church policy and practice on this Recovery from Mormonism site.

How does one recover from an abusive cult?

By ranting and by picking apart every detail of how, why, when, where and in what ways the cult has harmed members. Raging against these evils is a good thing in my opinion. Worrying about how random mormons my take the truth? Not my problem.

My post about the creep who has been railing against the administrators and posters on RfM for five years based on imagined slurs against me has nothing to do with any silly notion that we should attempt to deliver a punch or be concerned about dummy TBMs who might wander into this venue. My advice to those TBM interloper types is to wake up and smell the coffee, or stay the heck away from this recovery from the mormon cult site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2010 09:02PM by Cheryl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Connecticut ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 09:16PM

Great statement, I totally agree with you and this definitely is one abusive cult. This should be the one place we should feel free to sound off after years of being deceived and lied too. I really enjoy all of your posts. Good luck to you....

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 09:24PM

I have a few associates who are born-Agains of one stripe or another- one of them is a hardcore Southerm Bsptist, and another is a Assembly of God character. Neither of them can tolerate the slightest challenge to their faith or the reality of the scriptures. On the other hand, I usually see the mormons in my area react much less forcibly... except when it is one of their own who challenges them...

But the Baptist guy is total "believe or you burn in Hell", and if you say anything about the current prez dude, or the Clinton dude or anything that is not far-right conservative and bible based, you have to deal with his ranting and raving.

The AoG guy is total in-your-face, holierthanthou when it come to religion. And of course we also have an atheist,a Muslim, me a mormon at the time and we also have a couple liberals in the department. The only thing they all had in common was openly hating me for being a mormon and quietly hating the Muslim guy.

Yes, mormons are thin skinned. But at the same time, they relish being picked on because it proves that the church is true. And even more than that, anything they say in the church's defense is good material for F&T Sunday, and a pat on the back.

But the Born-agains defend their version of faith just because they like to be labelled as Bold in the Faith, and it seems to give them a good excuse to fight (for the Lords sake).

Date: September 25, 2010 09:32PM

You're right. My husband's parents were Church of God and their best freinds were Assembly of God. I've taught quite a few Muslim kiddies in public school.

Baptists cover a very wide range from reasonable to extremist, like the Hellfire guy at your work. Sorry you've had to deal with so many of these types, but I think you'd agree that it's better to work with them than to have to have interviews and take callings from them.

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 11:53PM

Cheryl

You have always been, and will always be the voice of reason. A writer of experience and wisdom born. Anything less from all who contribute, this board would not be what it is today. A place of hope, dreams and promise of a new day…..I know put a lid on it Bal

But in all honesty you are one of the great contributors to this board and no one can take that away

Date: September 26, 2010 04:53AM

You made my day. : )

Posted by: libby ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:46AM

I goggled Cheryl and rfm and got a website that I believe you might be referring to.

The person has a whole transcript of what he said to you 5 years ago, and it sounded really nice. I do not know him or you, but his post from 5 years ago was supportive, complimentary and helpful. It sounds like he had a recent debate with a lady and mentioned your name. I do not get the impression that he was using your name or reputation for negative reasons.

I hope not. You are a nice person. Maybe there has been a misunderstanding. If you re-read what he wrote at the time, it was supportive.

Now I will shut up and butt out of this.

Date: September 26, 2010 05:04AM

Probably very good ideas under the circumstances.

Posted by: Nonnie ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 02:23PM

I had no idea who or what this thread was about so I googled as you said. After reading his rants, it's obvious that this guy is nuts. I mean, sure, some posters rub me the wrong way more often than others, but the guy hasn't gotten over whatever yanked his chain five years ago. Talk about vindictive and obsessive! His over-the-top rantings do nothing to inspire sympathy for him, quite the reverse.

Date: September 26, 2010 03:18PM

It's hard to imagine why anyone would save and continue to obsess and rant over a small five year old exchange with strangers on the internet.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 09:24AM

Great comments, please keep them coming.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 03:43PM

Yup, I'm special, right along with Cheryl and Steve B. At least, I'm in good company!LOL

Yup. He's got me in his cross hairs and what is he gonna do about it. Nuttin. But he did block me from his Facebook page! LOL Ya, like I want to read his *&)()^*("@!"!!

What a silly whiner.

Date: September 26, 2010 03:45PM

fuck off, in caps! On the Internet. I'm crackin' up! ROFLMAO!!
What a positive, sweet, lovable guy!

Date: September 26, 2010 04:22PM

Abusive language from someone who thinks it's fine to use my name and to copy, keep for five years, lie about, and capitalize on a post that was up for only a couple of hours about a frightening medical emergency in my family.

Date: September 26, 2010 04:01PM

He'll probably copy and past this and publish it also.

One very angry dude -- extremely angry. Scary, actually.

He is LIFTING RFM posts where we are referring to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 04:30PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:51PM

As she felt she needed to do. Let's not feed this guy folks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.