Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 05:21PM

I could have barely handled having Jon Huntsman in as POTUS but ..... Mitt. Most definitely not.

It's just too hard to imagine seeing a devoted Morgbot in the news daily. Don't like the constant reminders of the cult that has ruined so many lives...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 05:40PM

You don't read / watch the news much do you?

Romney has been in it everyday for the last 6 months... and I'm talking about the BRITISH news!

Date: February 29, 2012 05:46PM

I do, however keep hoping it will all die down once Mitt loses, but he is still in the race. Dayum!

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 09:35AM

With mormon-heavy California as a winner-take-all state, Mitt's a lock for the GOP nomination. Not until the end of the Obama showdown will we hear the last of him.

Posted by: pamarnold ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 05:42PM

I am looking at this very positively. All the candidates really suck right now. They are not great choices to choose from. But....the church is finally getting all this negative publicity because people are looking up information on the internet and discovering the truth that so many members will not research. They look foolish! I am hopeful that the church will be fully exposed for the untimate con it is.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 05:45PM

There is nothing I want more than to see Romney get into office or at least into the Republican nomination because nothing else would make the Mormon church interesting to the average American. And once it becomes interesting, the journalists will descend to learn more about Mormonism. Journalists ... who have NO respect for people who hide the truth and no reason to follow the prophet. The only thing that is going to free the rank and file Mormon who is currently unhappy but doesn't know why is information and the only way they are going to get information is if the information goes mainstream and the only way it's going mainstream is if something happens like Mitt getting close to becoming president.

This won't be the glory moment Mormons long for nor will it be the time for Mormon bragging you fear. This will be the Mormons who drive you nuts getting caught with their pants down.

Date: February 29, 2012 05:47PM

True dat!

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 06:27PM

So....It's Romney MoMoMittens or Barack Hussein Obummer. Yeah, it's time to occupy alright....another dimension

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 09:22PM

What great choices that would be???? Prez. O and Mittens. Yuk! I still think there may be someone else enter.

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 09:27AM

I'm all about Ron Paul! I may not like everything he says, but I do like my civil liberties, my right to govern myself, plus he doesn't flip-flop to whatever's pleasing to the party...*sigh* but the media largely ignores him.

Posted by: ambivalentsince1850s ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 09:59AM

While I admire Ron Paul's dedication to founding principles of the Constitution, I think he's as much marginalized by the party as he is by the media, and perhaps moreso if some of the shenanigans alleged during the early primaries have any substance.

I should probably have chosen a different topic for my first post here, though.

As an intro from the blue, my family goes back to the 1850s (at least) on all sides, with a fairly significant number, including my mother and various uncles and aunts disenchanted from Church of Happy Valley. I distanced myself from the Church at 16, adding physical distance by attending Oberlin College, and later settling on the East Coast.

My departure came shortly after ordination as a Priest, and have considered having myself formally removed from the rolls many times, but was dissuaded in part by a therapist I've come to regard as grossly incompetent. Those "niceness" habits have tended to be my undoing, as I've often tended to listen to bad advice and act with greater reserve than is probably wise.

Glad to have found this place, and hoping I've not gone radically off topic. I'll go back and read the posting rules now that I might have violated them.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 10:27AM

"Another letter said "I think we can assume that 95 percent of the black men in that city [Washington] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."
from 1985-1994 Freedom report or one of his other reports...
Ron Paul??? some consider him to be a racist!
not for me this guy is!

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 11:26AM

Fear not, I have already violated the posting rules by pushing the topic further political. I can't help it.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 06:36PM

I can't wait to see how Mitt copes with the meeting with the Queen and maybe even Princes William and Harry.

Perhaps he won't get an invitation to tea after all (Oops - now that's an interesting prospect)

Her Majesty will usually say "Shall I pour?"

From where I'm sitting it could be very interesting. The British Press (and those members of the public that I've spoken with) have quite an appetite after this week's "revelations".

:-)

Briggy

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 09:16AM

Mitt Romney is the best thing that could happen in the fight against Mormonism. Those who choose to follow and promote the teachings of the fraudulent criminal Joseph Smith deserve exactly what they get. I hope the media shows no mercy and blows the church out of the water.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 10:10AM

Posted by: Jon is o.u.t. OUT ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 11:46AM

Jon Huntsman Jr. is about as Mormon as the people on this board. Mittens, on the other hand, is permanently stuck in the church... even if his testimony is cracking.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 02:34PM

This is obvious to me too.

Posted by: Hickmans Hounds ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 12:25PM

I am so surprised that we have not seen any discussion pertaining to George Romney's Presidential bid in the late 60's. As I recall the church's first presidency instructed Romney to drop out of the race claiming that by revelation that "now" (1968?) was not the time for the USA to have an lds President BUT the Lord would reveal to them when the time was right. I remember clearly as an investigator at the time having this message read to me by a member. The article was written in a church magazine and subscribed/distributed to lds members. I think the magazine may have been prior to the "Ensign" and may have been called by a different name. I do however remember the article in a church magazine during that time period. I also remember the members having tremendous heated discussions and I remember how they struck me as an arrogant bunch of pig effers.
My point? Crap! I don't know if I have a point!
Just a recollection. I do wonder if "now" is the time. Has the first presidency received a revelation? Is Mitt trying to fulfill a family dream? Motive? Agenda?
Maybe Steve Benson or some of you who are much better informed than I would care to comment.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.