Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 12:32PM

Blackness as a curse and LDS.org

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/moses/7.22?lang=eng#21

22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were ablack, and had not place among them

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/5.21?lang=eng#20

21 And he had caused the acursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair andbdelightsome, that they might not be centicing unto my people the Lord God did cause a dskin of eblackness to come upon them.

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/moses/7.8?lang=eng#7

8 For behold, the Lord shall acurse the land with much heat, and the bbarrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was acblackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.

And a few nuggets from the lesson manual that are very telling. It skipped over the two verses from Moses 7 that are so damning so I included a few notes from Chapter 5 where the lesson manual just sounds silly.

http://www.lds.org/manual/the-pearl-of-great-price-student-manual/the-book-of-moses?lang=eng

Moses 5:36–39. Cain Was Cursed
Part of the curse Cain received for killing Abel was that the ground would no longer “yield unto [Cain] her strength,” and that he would be a “fugitive and a vagabond” (Moses 5:37). A fugitive is a person who is running from the law, and a vagabond is someone who has no home. Cain was also driven out “from the face of the Lord” (Moses 5:39). The Prophet Joseph Smith said: “The power, glory and blessings of the Priesthood could not continue with those who received ordination only as their righteousness continued; for Cain also being authorized to offer sacrifice, but not offering it in righteousness, was cursed. It signifies, then, that the ordinances must be kept in the very way God has appointed; otherwise their Priesthood will prove a cursing instead of a blessing” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 169).

Moses 5:39–40. A Mark Was Placed upon Cain
It must be noted that the mark that was set upon Cain was not the same thing as the curse that he received. The mark was to distinguish him as the one who had been cursed by the Lord. It was placed upon Cain so that no one finding him would kill him. A parallel that illustrates the difference between a mark and a curse might be the account of the Lord placing a mark and a curse upon the Lamanites and their posterity (see 2 Nephi 5:20–24; Alma 23:16–18). It should be noted that the curse was based on individual disobedience and that by obedience to God the curse was removed, although the mark may not have been removed immediately. Eventually, however, the mark was also removed from some (see 3 Nephi 2:12–16).

For those of you who don’t want to click on the refrence above I will: “Eventually, however, the mark was also removed from some (see 3 Nephi 2:12–16).”

15 And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites;

This is from their website using their scriptures and manuals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: druid ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 08:00PM

It must to pretty obvious the part of LDS scripture " that they might not be enticing unto my people " didn't work.

Some of the most attractive women in the world are supposedly cursed? Not enticing? Doesn't seem to be working god...

I recall as a missionary on the Navajo Reservation one of the three very enticing daughters of the Navajo branch president asking a very hormonal me if it was true she would have to have a white skin in the celestial kingdom. I told her I was sure she would have her choice . She replied " Good I will stay the color I am then".

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.