Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ex-cultmember ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 03:31PM

Have you or anyone you've known ever attended a mission reunion as an open non-believer? What was that experience like? What did the other RM's & MP think? Were there any others there that secretly confided they don't believe either?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: reasonabledoubt ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 04:06PM

No, but for my 2nd mission reunion which was held on April 1st I went with a female coworker and we pretended we were married, never telling anyone after any different, lol.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 04:09PM

No, but I went to SLC a while back to ride Harleys with a TBM buddies. They know I'm off the wagon and don't really care. Had a great time!

Ron

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 04:10PM

...at my MP's funeral so I could piss on his grave. Too bad he died without me knowing it.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 06:58PM

Its not too late to piss on his grave though

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 07:12PM

do a virtual grave pissing....if you don't want to take the time in person.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 04:17PM

We'd been out of the church 8 years--had a lot of fun. (We met as missionaries.) Former MP's wife--gossipy busybody--kept looking at the neckline of my dress, proving she didn't have x-ray vision to see my lack of garments. We didn't make a big deal about being out, although many of the missionaries knew and I'm sure the gossip flew later. We had a great time and talked about what a great life we had.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:26PM

My mission president was the kindest, most loving person I've ever met. He knew I gave up mormonism and he didn't care. He knew I'm gay and that my boyfriend and I bought a house together several years ago. He and his wife were honestly happy that I'd found someone to spend my life with.

He died and I went to his funeral a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed catching up with all the other old (literally!!!) missionaries. In no way did I sugarcoat the fact that I'm gay and in an LTR. And to be honest, no one seemed to care. I'd drop the gay bomb and the conversations would continue on. No one ran away, no one pointed at me and whispered from across the room.

Like I said, my mission president was an amazing man, and I think his influence rubbed off on a lot of his missionaries. I realize my experience is not typical - you're results may vary.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 06:56PM

Just remembered a rather unsavory moment from my past - I did go to a mission reunion stoned once. But that was a long time ago, well before the statute of limitations ran out ...

Date: March 01, 2012 07:00PM

I gotta ask...

What does LTR stand for?

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 07:18PM

Posted by: me ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 07:05PM

Date: March 01, 2012 07:10PM

Thanks,

I thought the R was relationship, but could not figure out the L and T

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.