Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 04:55PM

The masses are questioning. This is from a dear friend, Father is a Bishop. Married in the temple, holds a high calling in the Stake. If they are posting this on Facebook the church's foundation is cracking.

"It bothers me a bit that it took someone outside of the Mormon leadership to put a bit a clarity on the situation. I'm disappointed that the leadership says that they don't know where the racism began (according to an official statement by the church). Really? From what I understand from this article, it was the result of limited knowledge and understanding...in otherwords, they made a mistake. Just admit it and let's move on. Don't plead further ignorance. Because if that's the case...that they don't really know where this paradigm of discrimination came from, then I question the foundation of other "doctrine". I love my church, but we have to be honest and admit our mistakes. At least that's what I've learned at church."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:01PM

"It bothers me a bit that it took someone outside of the Mormon leadership to put a bit a clarity on the situation."

yep - this was one of my main problems back when i started to question things:

just WHO is speaking for the church now?!?!?!?

yes, they've got a "prophet" but all they seem to talk about earrings and widows and such

there are mormons out there with real questions - mormons that are giving significant amounts of time an energy and money to an organization whose leaders literally tell them "don't write me a letter"*

the big 15 sit in their ivory tower and don't clarify or explain anything and they leave it to well intentioned members like Botts - who they don't hesitate to throw under the bus

it wasn't even that long ago that church presidents took time to answer letters - but not anymore - too busy running their real estate empire to bother with the proles

mormons - why are you sustaining leaders that so obviously don't care to "lead"???

*that was dallin oaks, btw

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:04PM

I think that seeing on a daily basis what a mess the LDS church is has to be wearing on the members. How insulting to the members to read that their prophet (who talks to Jesus face to face) has no idea why the church chose to discriminate against black people!

They are starting to realize that there is absolutely no leadership. The PR dept. is running the church. That is frustrating to the mormons...why have a prophet if he doesn't do anything? I'm an apostate and not that smart, but I could do a lot better job running the church than these clowns. Your friend is right...the church needs to admit that they f'd up with this whole blacks and the Priesthood thing. They're looking more and more ridiculous refusing to acknowledge any wrongdoing.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:06PM

In the last few weeks, what message has the 1st pres. sent out to the local wards?

A letter telling the bishops to tell the members to wear their magic underwear when they are mowing the lawn!

That's what the 1st pres. is doing...micromanaging the members' underwear.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:14PM

His eyes are opened. He must have taken some of the fruit of that tree.

Warn him that if keeps saying stuff like that people are going to start wondering if he was offended or wants to sin or something.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:43PM

Claiming mistakes and ignorance is fine. We all make choices based on what we know at the time that may later turn out to be a mistake.

These are the problems I have with Mormon racism (among other things), and admittedly I'm not knowledgeable on other faiths and racism too much, but what I understand, other faiths did not have this as DOCTRINE or as the WORD OF GOD. Segregation could be considered "the times" and ignorant people, not God's commandments...crappy God, otherwise. Second, we're talking about "prophets of God" here. The mouthpiece of God. The prophet will never lead you astray. Time and time again, Mormons do this...we have MODERN DAY PROPHETS and MODERN DAY REVELATIONS from God...except oopsie...he was speaking as a man that time.

Seriously, pick one. Either these guys talk to God or they don't. I think this prophet business is one LD$ needs to ditch in hurry because you just can't be back and forth like this...not working.

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:49PM

I posted just last week that I thought the church was imploding. I see this coming now that the cats out of the bag re dead dunking, the laminite program, Professor Bott etc.

The world outside of Utah is NOT dumb.

This is getting exciting!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:57PM

thedrive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what I understand
> from this article, it was the result of limited
> knowledge and understanding.

So, in other words, Elohim was inept at giving inspiration. He wasn't able to inspire the brethren they were wrong about this until 1978 -- after most of the rest of the world had already come to the same conclusion without a direct phone line to God.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.