Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:20PM

If you haven't seen this, here is a link to Stapley's letter to Gov. George Romney (Mitt's Dad) concerning Romney's public support of the Civil Rights legislation efforts.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57898932/Letter-from-Delbert-Stapley-to-George-Romney

What is clear is that Stapley accepts unquestionably the "doctrinal" certainty of his racist position, and though he acknowledges he does not speak officially, his confidence in his views as mainstream is clear.

Suitable for Facebook posting I would say!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 05:20PM by rodolfo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:38PM

Amazing how everyone in the letter that supported civil rights died and he took solace in it.

Now I see how they can claim to not know who, how, or when this silly little revelation came to be.

It’s all they can do to block out the memory of exactly who the are and where they came from!!!!!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:40PM

I think I better go outside and roll in some poot or something to get the smell of bigots offa me.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 05:42PM

Wow, just wow. Thanks for sharing this Rodolfo. The more I read and the more I continue to learn, there is always something new, the more I want to kick myself for being part of this organization and for giving so much of my money to it. Wow. I am sure this was the sentiment among many many people in the church then.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 06:55PM

That was just his personal opinion as a man that it was doctrine.

And all that other stuff is just urban myths contained in official First Presidency letters.

And so it goes.

Posted by: blindednomore ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 09:07PM

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am incredibly disgusted. I shared it with some friends!

Posted by: apikoros ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 10:02PM

But I took my revenge on him recently by posthumously turning him gay! ..... not only was he a raging racist, but a festering homophobe as well. [I like him a lot better now!]

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.