Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: george ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 09:53PM

So today 30+ of us met at my 2nd daughter's home. Everything about the holiday was a 10 on a scale of 1-10, good food, weather, love expressed, football watched, it was all about life in America.

Only one thing brought distress to my heart. My five oldest grandchildren are all in college. Four of them are married and their spouses are earning degrees as well. "That's good you say."

No, my nine grandchildren/spouses are all attending BYU-Utah, BYU-Idaho, and BYU-Hawaii. Thus another generation devoted to the TSCC is being raised up to multiple and replenish, to tithe and fast offer, to give a life of service to the Corporation of the President. I started this family a half-century ago. I can't stop the forward mobility now. I see the same blind devotion a half century from now, It makes me sad. They know I have left, and yet no one says a thing, "Grandpa must be getting senile," seems to fill their eyes. If they only knew how more clearly I see things now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2010 09:56PM by george.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 12:12AM

Sounds like you had a good day.
Sorry about the BYU/blind devotion going on with grand kids.
But maybe something will change for a few of them.
AND I suspect they don't think you're getting senile.
(You are definitely not getting senile)

I can see clearly now (song) is in my head.

T. Day was really good here.......also did an early family T. Day in Colorado last weekend.
(lots of good food, lots of laughs, lots of love)

See you soon
Stay well
K

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 12:28PM

Why don't you tell them why you left?
Surely they know that not everything is all hunkydory in the church.

A few well placed and well timed comments here and there, spoken without anger, might shake the structure a bit.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 01:40PM

I feel your pain george. I have 4 adult children that are tbm.3 are married and there are 4 grandkids so far. It really hurts my heart to see them stay in the lds church. I did send my single,adult tbm dd an e-mail last night and told her why I left the church. It was only a few sentences: I discovered the church was a fraud and knew I could not remain a member and keep my integrity. I said a few other things too. Very basic,simply things. I doubt it will do any good except to make her angry,but I felt it was time to express my feelings. And I know she will pass it on to the other 3 tbm kids.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 02:20PM

So sorry that this is your reality right now. But things can change and I would hope a couple of them may see things differently once kids come along. Of course, they could be so exhausted they just keep plugging along and then go down the path of needing meds to keep going. It would be sad to think of all those grandkids and what they are being fed wk after wk. Don't know if you ever shared any reasons for your leaving, but it may be good to do at some time so they can get this "senile" idea out of their heads.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 03:47PM

You are not senile--you are wise!

I can understand how difficult it would be to rock the boat, when everyone is living a seemingly perfect TBM life. But, maybe Grandpa George isn't shown the other side of things. Your sweet family gave you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day--so why look a gift horse in the mouth?

The individual who needs to leave the cult right now is Loveskid's single-adult TBM daughter! I hope she sees the truth, before she settles for some dysfunctional reject, who she would never be attracted to, just because she is brainwashed into wanting a temple marriage. This situation was disasterous for a lot of my single TBM friends! They eventually ended up divorcing these phony losers, but it has taken them many years to get their life back together. (There are exceptions, though, who divorced crazy wives.)

Single LDS women often get so down-trodden and depressed, that they lose sight of all the opportunities in the real world, and all the outstanding single young men outside the cult--who would love a woman unconditionally, and put her FIRST.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.