Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bcgirl ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 11:33PM

Intresting conversation on the Heavenly Mother on baby centre, I really like the one who says she would like to learn more about her, but is afraid of being exed if she askes questions about her...
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a25204305/really_struggling_with_something....?cpg=1&csi=2247479545&pd=-3

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 11:52PM

After all "Heavenly Father" is living the Principle -- right?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 12:13AM

an older woman gave a talk in Sacrament meeting - I don't remember the topic but I clearly remember her saying "Your Heavenly Mother might not be the same as my Heavenly Mother but I know all of our mothers love us more than we can imagine." I also clearly remember the look on the faces of the bishopric. It was priceless. I guess this is one of those things they are currently trying to sweep under the rug - Polygamous Father in Heaven.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 11:48AM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 12:51AM

not allowed to speak to or about the mother, even though she is present? Dad tells the girls everything they need to know about a growing into a woman.

They try to make God so accessible by portraying him as a flesh and blood man. Then they go the opposite way with Mom.

It's almost like someone made the whole thing up.

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 01:17AM

Posted by: James ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 10:44AM

There are quite a few of us present Pagans here. LOL

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 12:04PM

Yup lots!

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 01:22AM

I prefer a Goddess over a God. The folk religion of Israel had a God and Goddess. Asherah was the consort of YHWH.

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 02:17AM

The amount of cognitive dissonance on Baby Center is amazing to see!

Posted by: phyllis ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 02:44AM

which to me means that they're completely in denial about polygamy being integral to tscc and a requirement for becoming a god.

i haven't been to church in a few decades, is this no longer talked about in tscc?

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 02:47AM

I havent' been to church since t he 60s and in my ward, it wasn't talked about. I assumed there was one heavenly mother and we seld talked about her.

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 10:30AM

Next time you get asked to say a prayer in the Mo church, or at a tBM's house, start it with:

"Our dear, polygamous Heavenly Father...."

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 11:06AM

and as we all know a real sloppy record-keeper, they don't know which one is your REAL Heavenly Mother. And by now there must be millions of them, barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen. All lookiing pretty much like the first twenty seconds here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMx6X26iJ_c

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 11:28AM

were you really shot in the eye with a paintball?

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 11:43AM

From that baby center thread:

"Does anyone know where I can find info on what we believe as far as a Heavenly Mother goes? All that I have been able to find is that we believe she exists, but the rest is glossed over - every time."

If this DOESN'T ring ANY bells in a die hard mormon....then they truly are brainwashed..

Talking to the bishop gets no answers and going to the temple is "suppose" to give you answers...BUT you're not allowed to talk at the twmple so WTF??

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 11:50AM

From another post on that baby center site:

"Your questions are some of the ones I've been struggling with also. I've got a ton more though. I'm not ready to talk to an 'authority' about my questions yet because I'm still seeking things out for myself. But if you truely want to know and this is the only thing that is bothering you I'd consider asking my bishop. I'm struggling with polygamy as far as Joseph Smith goes as well- which seems to get messier the more you look at it"

NOT ready to talk to an "authority" at church...meaning AFRAID to talk to an authority at church...

Who in their RIGHT mind would be a member of a church where they were afraid to talk to the pastor, reverend, father, deacon, bishop, etc???

WOW...

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 11:59AM

...that I began my own trek to GET ANSWERS. And boy, did I ever get them! More answers, and more questions with more answers, than I ever expected when I first began my trek!

I am thankful to have found the answers that the church was afraid to admit.

I hope these B.C. gals will find their answers at some point, as well.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 01:37PM

I feel sorry for all belevers now. In heaven as a woman you are a baby makeing mashine you are used to get into heaven and then as theres a few of you how oftern do you think there will be personal time with that hubby your assighned to? Then your kept out the public eye to the point no one can talk about you let alone to you. no one can see you not even your children. Your brain powers wasted or are you alterd so you dont really think anymore to be more perfect for your husband.

It seems Heaven for a TBM is like being trapped in a prison.

If the leaders are meant to mirror what happens in heaven why are thair wives still able to speak? Or are they able to speak freely at all? Are they just baby makeing mashines so doped up on pills it's the temporary mormon lobotomy till the spirit world where they get a nice spirit icepick through thair nice spirit brain?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.