Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 05:10PM

That's the reason for all of these "I don't know that we teach that", "It's not doctrine", "That's not scriptural" statements that were seeing these days!

It sounds like there's a level of chaos going on that even they are not fully aware of. I imagine that there are a lot of old-timer TBMs who liked the wacky doctrines who are getting huffy, but not causing a stink about it.

As time goes by the newbie TBMs who are living in the Morg's Alzheimer's age are going to increasingly see those old-timers as "wackos, but we love 'em" types. There will probably be a lot more "special" name-calling going on when these old-timers pipe up during sanitized lessons with old JoD quotes and reminiscences about the good ol' days of martyrdom, persecution, masonry, blood atonement, bloody oaths, polygamy, and hieings to Kolob and the uninformed newbies TBMs simply reply.. "Ah, Brother Old Timer you are so "special", I love you! Which is the only thing they can say while thinking, "Bro OT is a nut-jobber and a half, that stuff's not doctrine, it's not scriptural! He must have spiritual Tourette's syndrome or be having another brain aneurysm and forgot what church he belongs to!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.