Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:12PM

Thanks for the link! "Yahooo!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:18PM

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:21PM

Wow! Thanks for the link, and congrats on getting published. Great article, too.

Wonder what the reaction will be?

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:26PM

Great article. Thank you!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:27PM

Posted by: knowitsfalse ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:33PM

Posted by: sayhitokolob4me ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:36PM

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:42PM

I put a link on the dreaded book of the face.

Date: March 13, 2012 04:07PM

I did you one better, I sent it to the Santorum campaign!

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:32PM

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:38PM

Richard-That was an awesome article! Very impressive and very on point. I hope people see it and start thinking about that.

One tiny correction in the opening: "Mormons have vowed to keep secret, even though their life depended on it." I think you meant "as though their life depended on it."

Anyway, it was witty, accurate and thought provoking. Thank you!

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:39PM

Keep up the good work.
Anubis (Red Pill)

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 05:05PM

I'm tring to make it go virual.....

Would be great.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:44PM

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:46PM

Wow, that's some article, the use of 'when Mitt and I' is very powerful.

Congratulations on getting published. I love your writing style.

D

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:11PM

Thanks Richard!

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:58PM

Posted by: anonforthis ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:06PM

Look, I think the Church is just as man-made as the next guy/gal on this board, but this article comes of rather conspiracy theory-ish.

And I quote "The pressing question for Mitt Romney, and for the Mormons who are supporting his candidacy, is: Would Romney consider the Presidency to be something that God had "blessed" him with, and which, pursuant to his secret oath, he should "consecrate" to his church for establishing a theocracy?"

Really? Just how would that work Richard? With phone calls that don't take place as you suggest in the article? Did Romney assist or attempt to assist in any way TSCC in setting up a theocracy over the people of Massachusetts as Governor? If so, that would have brought so more credibility to your argument. But you don't have any facts as far as that is concerned from what I can tell. Just some probing, fearful speculative questions.

And NO I am not some f-ing Troll. I think JS made it all up with the help of others. INCLUDING the temple ceremonies!!! What I don't buy is that Romney is going to take those Secret oaths and do ANYTHING remotely close to what Packham suggests. Please tell me how I am wrong here and what empirical evidence is out there to back up this speculation.

Date: March 13, 2012 04:09PM

I disagree wholeheartedly. I find the article clear, concise, accurate and credible, as well as long overdue. Great job Richard!

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:17PM

Did you WANT him for president?

It's a documented fact he took that oath, and other candidates get smeared for much less.

Is it the SECRET nature of the oath that shouldn't be publicized? Because everyone should respect secret oaths in a religious context... right...

I don't think for a second the issue is that he might take that oath seriously, this is a golden opportunity to expose the heart of the morg rituals and take down a ridiculous, out of touch, rich boy who doesn't care about the poor.

IMO

Posted by: anonforthis ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:42PM

Do you WANT another 4 years of what we got?

Is it possible that this "golden opportunity to expose the heart of the morg rituals" is blinding you just a little bit to the existing MISERY index in America where EIGHTY (yes 8-0) percent of Americans feel that they are no better off than they were 4 years ago?

I can't stand the Church but I am not going to let that blind me to the point I think that electing MR is the worse thing we could do because he MAY start assist TSCC in establishing a theocracy. Why stop there? Why not lay out some more juicy secrets such as the Council of the 50...yeah, yeah...that is what the TSCC REALLY wants to do with Mittens in the WH.

Date: March 13, 2012 04:58PM

I don't WANT any of them, candidates or incumbent, but gee, that doesn't leave anything. I know for sure I don't want a mormon.

Happy to see the shit exposed, personally. LOL.

Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:45PM

In my opinion the evidence is in Romney's camilian speeches. He will say anything to get elected. When he was Governor of Massachusetts, he was liberal, pro choice, and started public health care for all the citizens in his State. He has been running away from everything he did as governor while he is running for President!!!! You want proof that he will run a Mormon-like theoretical country. The fact is, he has changed all of his positions, I will ask anyone who votes for him, exactly what kind of government will he have? Because they don't know either by looking at his past.

Romney has been in the Mormon Church longer than he has been in government. Not only is he a member, but he is a leader! The Church gives money and food to other countries in exchange for allowing Mormon Missions. Romney depended a great deal on Mormon volunteers during the SLC OLYMPIC GAMES. During his campaign he is telling everybody, he is not a politician. What is he? You would have to be very nieve to think he will not bring Mormonism into government.

Date: March 13, 2012 05:01PM

Yes, way too much flip flopping. Why don't more people make more fuss about his nonexistent consistency? Possibly because it is the thing most stereotypically mormon about him? Don't shine a light on that jello doctrine!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:16PM

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:24PM

Well-written and informative...I had no idea that individual LDS families were in some cases asked (pressured) to contribute *thousands* of dollars to the fight against Prop 8, and even if they did not live in CA! Was that in addition to their tithing? Truly amazing.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:31PM

winks: MR's Target Audience isn't the poor, Never has been/will be.

Would he/ANYONE snub their friends... the ones who own NASCAR teams, the other heavy-hitters? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mormonism, and for that matter, the U.S. Constitution were conceived as Very Elitist entities;
think: "Corporations are People"

MR was born with a Silver Spoon in his mouth; although I've never had that priviledge, pretty sure I don't/wouldn't want it.

Where are the / which qualities in MR that w/could be of value on an inter-national arena? Hmmm.

I can hear world leaders Praying now; Can You?

Date: March 13, 2012 05:03PM

Do you think somehow I missed that fact? That was my entire point.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:36PM

Excellent article. Thanks, Richard.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:37PM

Well done.

Posted by: dclarkfan1 ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:40PM

BRAVO! BRAVO! ENCORE! ENCORE!

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:46PM

Nice touch tying yourself and Mitt together throughout via the rites of passage completed during the same time frame (you're Mitt's age, approximately). Nicely done.

Ron

Posted by: Delightsome White Boy ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 05:06PM

Nothing but the facts...

Finally, an article that speaks the truth.

Hard to tap dance around that nuke.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 05:11PM

Has MR ever said why he didn't run for Gov in Michigander?
I'd like to know...

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 05:20PM

"It wouldn't even take a phone call from church headquarters to the White House. Mitt, being a well-trained Mormon, knows "in his heart" what God would want (which is the same thing that the church wants, of course) and doesn't need to be told. "

From an earlier post by 'arkad01':

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/images/magazines/liahona/2012/03/en12mar06-following-the-prophet-makes-me-happy.pdf

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,441814

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.