Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GottaluvMusclecars ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:54PM

Hi..just needed to vent...my non-member daughter married an inactive mormon...non temple wedding, etc...fast forward a year and a half...she is now pregnant...her husbands mother (an active mormon) presented them with a book of mormon, which my daughter did not accept...my daughter was very upset... "why now? " she asked me...I told her this was just the beginning of many issues to come her way...its unfortunate, but thats how it is...damn mormons (fyi, I am an inactive since age 14, 52 year old , just resigned ex-mormon! )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 04:56PM

"In Covenant" and then SEALED to the family. Can't have a forever family otherwise, can you?

Sorry for your daughter's stress at a time when she should be having peace.

Date: March 13, 2012 05:20PM

Thats what I told her...she was a bit taken back by the concept..she was very sure to make it clear to her husband that she will never become a mormon...he was fine with that..I wish he would man-up and tell his family to back off..!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 05:29PM

Yes, when you leave everyone seems to think they have to step in and protect the children from you. Or, in your daughter's case, the MIL is stepping in to save the children of her non-LDS daughter, who she probably thought would change her mind and get baptized some day. But even though her son is inactive and her DIL is not a member, she needs to save them now, more than ever, because she needs to save her grandbaby.

It's obnoxious. It's one reason people can't stand Mormons. Because of that I'm righteous/You need help attitude that they all reek of.

Date: March 13, 2012 05:39PM

I have read Rebeckah and CA girls posts before...I always like your responses...thank you for listening (actually reading)

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 06:37PM

Remind her to pass on the baby blessing and to make sure her child is not added as a child-of-record to dad's file by other well-meaning members of the collective. This is actually quite likely, so hubby may have to strap on a pair to prevent it or even resign himself.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 08:15PM

One sacrament meeting someone was giving a talk and mentioned keeping an extra BOM in the glove compartment (to hand out). It was a wintery day, and I whispered to a friend, that extra book would come in handy if you get stuck in the snow. You could put it under your tire for traction. We had to try and not laugh out loud.

Posted by: Mittens Romney ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 08:31PM

Mormons are like zombies - they are dead inside and won't stop till they eat your brains.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 08:49PM

Unfortunately, they will probably never stop. The thing with mormons is that the more you say "no" to them, the more they take that on as a challenge to convert you! Or at least, most mormons that I have known do. The missionaries STILL come to my house and I STILL get monthly letters from my visiting teacher whom I have never met in the past 6 years of living here. I think it's kind of funny that she has wasted so many stamps on me so I let it continue.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.