Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 07:00PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Just Once ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 07:18PM

Thank you

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 07:05PM

Mitt, likewise can choose not to answer any question he he does not want to answer.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 07:06PM

As long as all the other candidates are treated the same way, I'm cool with it.

Posted by: apatheistnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 07:23PM

Posted by: King Benjamin ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 07:24PM

But I agree, questions should be asked of the Mainstream Christian candidates if they've not already made themselves clear. I think most of us know what mainstream Christians are all about. Mormonism throws a few curveballs into it.

People's beliefs produce actions. I get the feeling Romney is not exactly the "obedience at all costs" kind of guy like he coventants to be in the temple. But if he takes the temple covenant of obedience seriously it would be good for us to know to whom he believes he must be obedient at all costs.

If he believes he should be obedient to God, the prophet, the apostles, his SP, his BP and so forth, then that's one problem. If he believes he should only be obedient to God, then the nature of his beliefs in personal revelation should be examined.

I think that's a valid issue for us to ponder that isn't likely to come up so much with a mainstream Christian.

Posted by: Joseph's Myth ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 07:41PM

Mormonism has not been vetted. Vetting is a process of examination and evaluation, generally referring to performing a background check on someone before offering them employment.
Before offering employment to Mitt Romney his background, including his beliefs, need to be examined and evaluated to see if they're compatible with the responsibility of being given access to the world's only remaining superpower.
If he is so unreasonable that he refuses to accept superior evidence contradicting his beliefs, then he's delusional and unfit for public office.
Of course so are his 'Christian' competitors.
Honestly I think that Mormonism cannot withstand the scrutiny of a presidential campaign, but it will be good to bring this most absurd, racist, misogynist and homophobic religion out into the street for examination. There is no better disinfectant than the broad light of day.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 08:05PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.