Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 11:22AM

Not being in Morg land, I hear very little about the new great and spacious building. With the church being the property owners of the mall, will they allow tenants in there to sell coffee, tea, tobacco, alcohol, skin magazines etc., or will it be controlled to the mormon standard. I have a friend that is very interested in this, with him telling me if they allow the above mentioned to be sold on church property, he and his family are done with the church. With him goes app. 20 family members, full tithe payers and have a tremendous history of church support and involvement. To him this is the final straw. He is tired and disillusioned about all the time, money, effort put into the morg and with little or no return. I think the toilet cleaning project was the final straw for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 11:36AM

It's been addressed here before, but TSCC understands that for vendors to move in and rent space, the vendors will have to bring in accepted business models.

For franchise restaurants, that means a considerable percentage of their prophet will derive from the sale of alcohol.

So yes, this will be the final straw for your friend and his family.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 11:46AM

Or the 20,000 home development in Saratoga Springs?

The .7% ownership of Florida, or being the biggest foreign landowner in England, and one of the biggest recipients of their farm subsidies?

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 12:33PM

interesting statistics "biggest foreign landowner in England, and one of the biggest recipients of their farm subsidies"

under what agrobusiness names?

could you provide any references?

Thanks

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 02:09PM

Thank you, Heresy

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:48PM

Tell your friend I hope to see on the board. Good luck.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 06:43PM

In England, mormons run AgReserves, a farm conglomerate. AgReserves is based in Salt Lake City. They run farming operations all over the world, including Australia and California.

The AgReserves office in California donated to ProtectMarriage, so they are helping to fund anti-gay marriage campaigns.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.