Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 03:59AM

Sooo insomnia got the best of me...again. I think I get grumpy when I'm tired...and it makes me want to rant...and there's nothing funner to rant about then TSCC hehe. Therefore I decided to throw another video on the good old inter web. Just for fun! *A few swears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5XsSnP9kg

What are YOUR top 10 favorite things about being an exmormon?!
(That's an awkwardly phrased question...I'm sorry..it's late...haha)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ymountain ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 04:26AM

My top 10:
1. Being able to wear whatever the hell I want.
2. Being able to drink whatever the hell I want.
3. Doing whatever the hell I want on Sundays.
4. Not being forced to read boring made-up fairy tales and pray to someone who doesn't exist.
5. Not having to tell people that my religion believes that Native Americans came from Jerusalem and a 14-year-old boy named Joseph Smith had prophetic powers.
6. Not singing hilariously stupid hymns like "Praise to the Man."
7. Masturbating.
8. Laughing at all the balderdash Mormons believe.
9. Not being pressured to convert the whole world to Mormonism.
10. Being able to think critically without getting punished for it.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:35AM

Hahahahaha how did I forget alcohol?!! Great list.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 04:42AM

wow that's cool. hahaha

let me add #11.

the cool thing about being an exmormon is not to feel guilty anymore when fantasizing about making love to eve (from the temple movie) in the holy mormon temple's altar with a background music of heavy metal...morbid angel chapel of ghouls perhaps?

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 08:54AM

Aj, you're so cute! Love your videos! :)

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 01:01AM

is so jealous that you figured it out at such a young age and you are so cute and sweet and talented and have the the whole real world in front of you. I mean, I didn't really figure it out and get out until my late 40s and my life has already changed so drastically for the better in so many ways. Yours will be such an incredibly different life than you would have lived if you were following "the plan" for girls your age. There will be so many times in your life you'll look at it and remember where you were "supposed" to be at that point in your life and thank the universe that you found out what you did when you did. I wish you all the wonderful things the world has to offer. Go for it, girl!

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 10:52AM

You are super cute and way young! Glad you figured out the truth in your young adulthood! I was in from 20-40, but only regret one thing...excluding the family from the wedding(s). Endless possibilities await you.

I hate Mormonism do not get me wrong, with my comment about one regret...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 10:55AM by tiptoes.

Posted by: SuperBigGulp ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 11:05AM

Let me ammend reason #1, a shout out to your bishop..

If I.. wanna take a guy.. home with me tonight, IT'S NONE OF YO BUSINESS!!!

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 11:08AM

I hated having to defend and justify myself for watching any rated R movies that were based on real life themes and real life experiences. Sorry, real life doesn't end at PG-13. And yes, they can suck it too.

I love Sundays! I live in Utah County and I have the local movie theaters and the few restaurants that are open all to myself.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 03:59PM by happyexmormon.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 11:12AM

Cute video

You need to be sleeping that time of night. What's keeping you awake?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 11:18AM

Wow, you're hot, and you said Mormon guys never wanted to date you?

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 11:42AM

Nice video. Congrats on figuring it out at such a young age. Especially like the ending with the Metallica lick. Mas-ter!!

Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 01:00PM

Very nice. Keep 'em coming girl.

Date: March 22, 2012 01:30PM

Hahahaha aww thank you guys! You're all too nice. :)

Mia- My brother works night shifts at the hospital and so he's gotten me on his weird sleep pattern haha it's brutal.
Forbiddencokedrinker- Mormon guys hated me!!! I think I was too independent for their liking...guys in general around here don't seem to want to date me lol I'm surrounded by cowboys and rig pigs- neither of whom are into geeky gamer/metal head chicks...ohh a day in the life. But thanks! haha

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 07:46PM

cowboys n rig pigs.
nope.
You can do better.
Eventually you need to go where the cowboys aren't.
Why does the word rig make me cringe every time? shudder.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 01:42AM

( what is a rig pig, are you talking about truck drivers? )

Date: March 23, 2012 01:46AM

lol! No haha a rig pig is just referring to a guy who works on the oil patch...most of them are just...not good guys. Huge creeps. Around here anyway, I don't want to generalize because they're not all bad!
Mia I would loooove to go where the cowboys aren't!!! I dream of the day. Hahaha ugh rig pigs make me cringe too!

Posted by: ktay ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 01:36PM

ajhart, you are awesome!

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 03:11PM

thanks AJ. May your light shine on and take guitar lessons!

Date: March 22, 2012 07:12PM

Haha awe thanks!! & perhaps I will runningyogi...perhaps I will!

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 07:42PM

You are so cute AJHeart! I can't believe you pined over that mish, you're going to find a great guy (not just because of looks alone, but your head is screwed on straight)

Date: March 22, 2012 10:49PM

That is so sweet wittyname:) Thank you for such kind words!! I don't know why I was so obsessed with him either ugh, he's just sooo hot!!! Hahaha we're going for lunch when I'm in Utah for the exmo conference...probably a bad idea...I guess we shall see haha! He'll probably be engaged by then lol

Posted by: alex71ut (did not login but it is me) ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 12:55AM

10. As a young adult I read all of prophet Benson's books on civic affairs so I was basically an Ezra Taft Benson ultraconservative and a John Birch Society member. Now with the rose-colored glasses off I'm very open-minded about all political persuasions.
9. No more having to feel defensive about my religious beliefs, especially the weird ones like the Word of Wisdom, missionary rules, baptisms for the dead, polygamy, etc.
8. The thrill of being able to say "I resigned my membership in the LDS church." As a Utah resident who spends over 70% of his time EAST of the Mississippi I get a lot of questions about Mormonism (especially with Romney running for Prez) and its always a thrill to be able to say "I resigned".
7. I now care very little what the religious and political opionions of other people may be. I care more to understand why they believe what they believe and seek to learn from them. I value my friendships with others far more than I do persuading them on anything.
6. No more LDS inc style guilt trips over whatever music or movies I wish to watch or any way I spend my time.
5. WTF I used to feel guilty over not being a good enough member-missionary in bringing souls into the church??
4. I like the freedom that comes from knowing that I can be wrong.
3. No more wasting precious time in life on church meetings, church callings, church assignments, and all the pressures of their various schemes of stealing my time and money.
2. No more 10% of my gross income for tithing plus fast offerings, missionary fund, and other money scams going out the door for LDS inc.
1. Knowing that I'm not alone is a big deal :) I've been to dozens of exmo get-togethers in 5 states and the District of Columbia. I've made lots of friends with exmos. I consider so many of them like my substitute family as I come from a family of 10 children where all 9 of my siblings are TBM. As one who was considered a "rising star" in the circles of Mormondom in my late 20's (i.e. I was the youngest High Priest in my Stake, Bishop's counselor, six figure income, beautiful wife & children, BYU grad, RM, fluent in a language where the church has a mission but almost no High Priests who aren't on the brink of bankruptcy, etc. and most importantly I was 100% committed and super TBM in every way) it was a huge shock to all of them when I quit the church; and frankly nobody was more shocked than me myself as I couldn't beleive that I had become an "apostate".

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 01:05AM

LOL, girl you are awesome!

You seriously crack me up! Love your videos :)

Your points are spot on...

Ok. Going to read your exit story now and go to bed...Which I was supposed to do over an hour ago...

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 01:12AM

Once again, cute video! Top ten list? Well, I wouldn't know where to begin, but I love freedom! F*ck yeah!

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 01:57AM

cute girl! That was fun to put a face to your screen name. I will have to post a video too sometime. I will start making some worthwhile to watch. Timothy has some hilarious videos... the one of him at Yellowstone cracked me up for days...hey buffalo head!! I saw Cheryl too on one of Timothy's videos. That was cool to see you too Cheryl- u and your husband were epic... loved it when he told the Mormons off when the last straw was calling you up to make a casserole dish. I also saw Eric in a video on why he created exmormon.org when the internet came out...thank the higher power you did Eric!! I do want to come to the exmormon conference someday. I am still healing though so maybe this year or the next. You are gorgeous and you will run into your one and only at the right time. I liked your top ten list as well- keep shinning!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.