Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 02:41AM

seems like all the church needs to do is get rid of the people? It's doing a pretty good job on its own. I'm sure any help we can give it would be greatly appreciated. It will still have all those temples trumpeting how great it is, and let's not forget the 14 million members even if they don't really exist (just like those golden plates).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 02:52AM

(AS another pointed out)

YES! we agree that people Aren't Perfect!

...Another Truth Breakthru!

YET, U expect us to entrust our most basic & intimate decisions of our lives... to the admittedly UNTRAINED imperfect people, because the 'have discernment', the same as Hinckley, BY/JS, and others.

R I G H T

Date: March 24, 2012 03:01AM

they say or do something illegal or embarrassing to the church and then they are just imperfect volunteers, and the church isn't responsible for their actions. Just another reason, to get rid of the people.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 10:56AM

As you say, those in callings are considered “called by God” UNTIL or UNLESS they embarrass the church by telling the truth. Then the church wants nothing to do with them and runs away from the responsibility (of having called them in the first place) like the scaredy-cats they are!

The buck NEVER stops with church leaders, the wimps!

Very insightful post, dk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 11:10AM by WiserWomanNow.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 03:02AM

For me, it is not the racism, history of polygamy, disrespect of women, or any number of other doctrinal issues that are that main problem with Mormonism (though these are all major problems) but rather it's very habit of always blaming the members.

The church has to blame the members. Since it claims to be Gods one true church, then it itself must be perfect, as God would never make it any other way. However, we all know that it is impossible to be perfect, or for any solution or action to be made by a large organization, that isn't going to have negative side effects. By shifting the blame to the members, the church not only enhances the psychological damage it creates, but it also makes it impossible for it to fix or even consider ways of solving, its problems effectively.

Date: March 24, 2012 05:39AM

This is the reason I became inactive. (I resigned for a different reason). I have health problems, and as they got worse, the church wasn't good for me mentally. It wears you down instead of lifting you up. Then there is the "pray and you'll know it's true". If you don't get the right answer, pray again until you do.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 03:05AM

Goldman Sachs is perfect, the people arent.

I could go on and on.

Date: March 24, 2012 05:41AM

I haven't heard this motto from atheist or from Goldman Sachs, but I heard it plenty of times in the lds church.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 05:58AM

LOL

haha..good one!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 10:44AM

That is the best response ever.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 03:13AM

Please tell me, where does one end and the other begin?

The church can't even get up the courage to tell its history, or explain its doctrines in a sensible way.

It has no heart, no soul, no compassion. It's lacking in charity, kindness and all of the Christ like attributes it claims to have. It's deceitful, and full of prevarications. It claims to do this for the Lord. If there is a Lord, I don't think he would appreciate using his name as a justification do do every thing he teaches against. To claim it is perfect is blasphemy at best.

No, the people aren't perfect. I think the church has made that perfectly clear to each of them. It pries and henpecks it members to death. It guilts and shames them into handing over their time, money, and children so they can make money off of them. Many of them are the result of generations that have lived in fear and obedience.

Some find the courage to leave. Hopefully there will be more and more as the church unwittingly displays its true colors.

Date: March 24, 2012 05:51AM

I remember seeing a TBM's comment about how people leave the church, but don't leave the church alone. And they wonder why? I saw the comments people made about men not wearing white shirts, or some of the other petty things bishops will discipline members over. Basically you have a top-down organization where people at the top answer to no one, and people at the bottom are always the problem.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 11:38AM

I'll leave TSCC alone when it leaves me alone. When they stay offa my doorstep, stay outta my bedroom, stay outta my casket, and stop trying to convert the people I love using milk before meat tactics and outright lies. The minute they do that, I'll leave them alone.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 05:52AM

"THE" church is B.S., the members are MORmONS!

Posted by: Can't Resist ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 11:01AM

Remind me... In what way is the church perfect?

Date: March 24, 2012 11:27AM

and now it has a mall, and I understand it's building a hotel in Hawaii. How perfect is that?

Posted by: Veritas ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 11:58AM

I think the people as a whole are more in the right than the organized church.
Most Mormons are better people than their leaders. The further up the ladder you are, the more likely you've strayed.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 12:03PM

It's the other way around.

The Church turns decent people into jerks.

We complain about Boyd K. Packer's comments, but they are not his ideas. He got them from the Church's teachings.

People talk about the jerky things their bishop did. But the bishops do jerky things by following the Church's guidelines.

The people are OK. The Church is what turns them rotten.

Would all those Mormons have sent all that money to fight Prop 8 if the Church hadn't pressured them to do it? When corridor parents don't want their children hanging with non-Mormon kids, is it because they are just naturally bigoted or is it because of what they've been taught at church? When someone "shuns" an exmo, is it because they are naturally hateful or because of how Mormonism has affected them? When less-active parents and family are excluded from a wedding, is it because the couple are hateful or because of Church rules?

The people are OK; it's the Church that's rotten.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 12:05PM by baura.

Date: March 24, 2012 12:39PM

I think the people that thrive in the church, like to point out the failures in others. The people who struggle see the failures in themselves. I was single and people would ask why I wasn't married as if it were an accusation and not a question. My answer was, I was too busy to get over to the "husband store" and get one.

There was a post about Africans spending too much money on weddings and funerals and not on tithing. What a jerk is right.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 12:08PM

"Islam is perfect, but Muslims are not." It actually rolls off the tongue better than the way Mormons say it. I think it's funny that Mormons get their talking points from Muslims. Google it. 7770 hits for "Islam is perfect, but Muslims are not."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.