Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 08:48AM

I just woke up this morning after a dream that several generations of my family had shown up for a reunion and had unilaterally decided to crash at my place.

I had given up my room to a bedridden grandmother. Kin were getting into my stuff, eating my food, moving things around, breaking things, stealing stuff, talking loud (about stupid things), playing music and the TV at the same time... It was like I had been invaded by Jerry Springer people.

A sister had taken up smoking and I had to keep reminding her to smoke outside.

Little kids kept trying to get me to come back to the church.

Eventually Granny was moved somewhere else and I started cleaning my room. As I stripped the bedding, I discovered several of Granny's nightgowns and, ewwww, used toilet paper and adult diapers in the bed.

I found two little kids put to bed in my closet, with some of my clothes used as bedding.

I had things pretty much in order and went to get the vacuum cleaner. After a round-and-round discussion over whether it was time to pick up Mom from the airport (her flight had landed a half hour ago), I went back to my room to discover my bed was gone. "Who took my bed?"

"Oh, your cousin needed it."

"But so do I! It's my bed.!"

"Yeah, but he needs it."

"Did he ask me? Did he pay me for it?"

I stormed off to find the cousin and then I woke up.

Obviously, the prospect of being surrounded by my family isn't a positive selling proposition for me. I need privacy. I need my space. I figured that out a long time ago. Why was I busting my butt for a reward that was actually a punishment? What does Mormonism have to offer those of us who don't want children and don't like our kin? Nothing, really, except being saved from some kind of torment -- as if being with my family weren't also torture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 10:07AM

Your family sounds similar to mine.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 11:14AM

What I cannot figure out about the CK idea is how we are all supposed to be together. I mean, isn't everyone supposedly busy populating their own planet? The celestial sex alone seems like it would take up all the spare time, so who would have any vacation time to go visit the rest of the family? In other words, the whole concept is just nuts.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 11:18AM

That is why Telestial Kingdom is the way to go. Our sex will be better, since it won't be assembly line style, plus you will have plenty of time to visit all your kinfolk who also got sent to the lowest Kingdom.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.