Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 10:55PM

They are also prime years Satan will tempt you and will do his utmost to entice you from the path which will lead you back to that heavenly home from which you came and back to your loved ones there and back to your Heavenly Father."

I keep thinking of the Movie "The Waterboy" with Adam Sandler and Kathy Bates who keeps seeing "It's the devil" in everything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 10:58PM

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 11:16PM

You mean you actually saw Monsoon prumping gas?

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 11:33PM

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:11AM

I thought I saw him at the crossroads of highways 25 and 30 just north of Tishomingo, MS. Offered to give me guitar lessons.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 11:10PM

I read Only Desperation behind EVERYTHING I've heard of them lately.

Polygamy/Polyandry

Blacks & PHood

Get your own Planet.

these all seem to be unraveling at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 11:12PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: delt1995 ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 11:24PM

Where is that quoted from please?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 11:27PM

Well, he is right -- they just don't realize that Monson IS Satan ... or one of his minions. But at least he's telling them the truth. Beware girls, these are the years TSCC is going to brainwash you!!!

Posted by: Satan ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:09AM

I'm insulted!

And I have much more important things to do in the oil companies boardrooms than to pump gasoline.

Posted by: delt1995 ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:14AM

wowser!

Date: March 26, 2012 11:01AM

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 03:37AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:15AM

If I should be on the alert for Satan, does that mean I should purchase one of those meters they had on Ghostbusters? Would it also let me know when the Holy Ghost was trying to screw with me?

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 01:46AM

The most recent quote seems to be from the recent Young Women's meeting:

"No one has described the teenage years as easy," Monson told the crowd, clad in colorful springtime skirts and blouses. "They are often years of insecurity, of feeling as though you just don’t measure up, of trying to find your place with your peers, of trying to fit in. … They are also prime years Satan will tempt you and will do his utmost to entice you from the path which will lead you back to that heavenly home from which you came and back to your loved ones there and back to your Heavenly Father."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53785617-78/girls-monson-women-believe.html.csp

Evil freakin' creep. And I don't mean Satan.

Posted by: Romy ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:38PM

He forgot to say that those are also the years you need to be stalking RMs ( never too early to get a pipeline of potential husbands going ), picking out wedding dresses and baby names, and preparing to be married asap

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:56AM

spanner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The most recent quote seems to be from the recent
> Young Women's meeting:
>
> "No one has described the teenage years as easy,"
> Monson told the crowd, clad in colorful springtime
> skirts and blouses. "They are often years of
> insecurity, of feeling as though you just don’t
> measure up, of trying to find your place with your
> peers, of trying to fit in.

And if you want "years of insecurity, of feeling as though you just don't measure up," then Mormonism is perfect for you.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 02:49AM

Monson sees Satan every time he picks up a mirror.

Date: March 26, 2012 11:02AM

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 03:42AM

Satan is actually too preoccupied tricking Jehovahs Witnesses into leaving the True Church (Watchtower Society) as restored by Charles Taze Russel to be bothered with a few YM's of the LDS.

Isn't he also fooling Moonies into leaving Rev Moon as well?

Posted by: Bryan O'Neil ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 04:21AM

"They are also prime years Satan will tempt you and will do his utmost to entice you from the path which will lead you back to that heavenly home from which you came and back to your loved ones there and back to your Heavenly Father."

The whole Satan thing is crazy if you think about it. Here is a guy who is supposed to be crafty, cunning and very SMART, right? Then how did he decide to go to war against Elohim (who is more powerful than he is) Jehovah/Jesus and Adam/Micheal? Looks like he would have said "hey wait a minute...Elohim knows the future. If I was going to win this war he'd be backing down at this point...but he ain't! Maybe I need a plan B."

Plan B.- Satan goes along with Elohim. He supports Jesus 100% as the elected Savior and tells the 1/3 to do so also. Doing so ruins the whole plan as there is no Satan in the Garden to tempt Adam and Eve, no Satan to be the "opposition in all things" and no Satan to tempt the teenage girls of Monson's talk.

Elohim, Jesus/Jehovah resign in disgrace not having provided a way for the spirits to come to earth and get bodies and be tested in all things. Satan the appeals to Elohim's father to take Elohim's job telling him that, like the LDS Church he will "make people be good" so that they will return unlike Elohim's plan where over 90% would be lost. Satan takes Elohim's place and gets all his power and glory.

Problem solved.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 07:41AM

If you really want to be secure, you should be at churchy activities with siomilar minded friends, but the Mall just opened by the church would suggest otherwise.

Date: March 26, 2012 09:08AM

It depends, hanging around a false mall is a temptation, but hanging around the One True Mall should be your one and greatest desire. It is also the cure for all these single adult women, since the One True Mall is also a great place to meet a worthy priesthood holder.

Posted by: Chris Deanna ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:42AM

I think all the tithe payers should head to the mall, spend 10% of their income plus fast offerings (in the food court) and a good bit for the missionary fund. Then, submit copies of the receipts in their tithing envelopes, instead of money, and declare that they DID just pay a full tithe!

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:22AM

They don't want me back Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are also prime years Satan will tempt you and
> will do his utmost to entice you from the path
> which will lead you back to that heavenly home
> from which you came and back to your loved ones
> there and back to your Heavenly Father."

Yep, my daughter went to SLC to attend this in person. I'm sure that I am now that evil tempter that is doing Lucifer's bidding to lead her away.

I have to back away from saying anything negative about the church/utah around her because she sees it as satan (in me) leading her away from goodness. Effin Monson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 11:22AM by Jesus Smith.

Date: March 27, 2012 12:12AM

I was over at my widowed grandmother's house, and I thought I spotted Satan lurking outside her home. It ended up just being old Tommy Monson stalking her.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 02:10AM

Satan whispered in my ear:"What do you believe?"

My answer: "Mormonism?"

Satan's reply: "How's that working for you?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.