Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:17AM

Yesterday (Sunday) I drove up to McDonalds for a coffee and had no wait in line. Then I parked in the front row at Walmart to buy snacks. Then I rode my bike along barren roads.

Thanks for putting yourself all in self-imposed steeple prison so I could have the roads mostly to myself - it was a wonderful day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:32PM

I always went to Costco on Sunday. The American Fork Costco was almost a ghost town.

The only bad thing is that there wasnt near as many vendor sample booths to graze at.

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 05:08PM

Just make sure you finish at WalMart before noon -- that's when the white-shirt-and-flowered-dress crowd get out of meetings and show up to buy root beer, green Jell-O, Cheerios, and diapers.

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 05:15PM

You can also get to sit anywhere you want in the movie theaters and get more attention from the wait staff in restaurants (which makes me tip even bigger), all on Sundays.

(Don't go to Walmart on Saturday nights. You'll get trampled by the flocking zoobie herds.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 05:22PM by happyexmormon.

Posted by: summer kites ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 05:45PM

Several years ago I lived in the Provo/Orem area. I loved having the bike/walking trails mostly to myself on Sundays.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 05:53PM

and while sharing a lift on Sunday, out of the blue the guy said, "I sure love skiing on Sundays. No damn mormons around."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.