Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 01:12PM

In the ongoing saga of my flooded house, which will take a projected 3-4 weeks to repair, DW & I have been looking for an apartment, house, hotel room w/ kitchen, whatever, to rent short-term, rather than holing up in the standard hotel room that we're in now. Of the several craigslist ads that we've inquired, we've only gotten responses from two out-of-state house/condo owners. In one response, the "owner" gave us this long spiel about their family, moving to England, and, OH, let's not forget, their Baptist, too!
In another CL response, the "owner" was more straightforward, but at the end, he said "I need to trust in God that this will work out."

What the hell is it with these scammers that think people will trust them just because they say they are religious? The day I send someone that I don't even know $1500 and just hope that I get a key in the mail, just because they are religious, is the day that non-inflatable pigs will fly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 01:14PM

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 03:24PM

Lol! stray mutt that was a good one. Its creepy how some people will use a religious status to gain people's trust. Much like a wolf in sheep skin...

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 03:45PM

My Dad always told me that anytime somebody goes out of their way to make a point of letting you know that they are religious, it's time to hide the silver.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 08:24PM

That's like child care providers or potential adoptive parents billing themselves as "Christian". I don't need to know one's religion, I do need to know if you're licensed or bonded, clean, and a host of other things that to me, take priority.
I'm sorry about the flooding. Is there an Executive Stay Suites or something like that nearby? I'm not sure of the name, but I stayed in one last year when I was travelling a lot. It had a kitchenette--fridge and burners, no oven, but it did have a mikey.

Susan

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.