Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 01:50PM

In the end, to me, nothing that has been written, either by prophets, either in the bible, the book of mormon, the khoran, or any other ancient theological manuscript, can come before the promptings that personally come to you through the spirit... that is, if that really exists. Why would God, our father, would give you mixed feelings or confuse you? that is, if also he exists. So if I question mormonism, I am also questioning any other religion. They are all based on scripts or "revelations' that are hard to believe and impossible to prove. It is said that only if we "pray" and ask the spirit will let us know the answers... But they also say that Satan wants to confuse you... because this earth is a place of test (your faith). But if satan is real, what is his purpose? why is does he have more power among the humans... that is, if he is also real. Well I find this not fair. It is not fair to follow blindly, it is not fair trying to understand something that is not understandable, it is not fair trying to find out if you are feeling the spirit or your own personal feelings. Why not make things more clear? Why to make it so hard on us? What kind of test is this?.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: almostThere ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 01:59PM

You hit it dead on. I think the church's position, if it's true, is impossible to understand. It is full of so many holes and contradictions. If we believe, we are then forced to disregard our own minds and ability to determine truth. We are forced to simply accept nonsense on faith, and tell ourselves that our minds aren't powerful enough to comprehend the real truth. Of course, if you don't believe, it all makes perfect sense. You don't have to lie to yourself anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.