Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:13PM

Let's all go down and picket the new City Creek Mall with large signs that have the following scripture on them:

"And again, thou shalt not be proud in thy heart; let all thy garments be plain, and their beauty the beauty of the work of thine own hands;"
--Doctrine & Covenants 42:40

If anyone asks we are just trying to help Mormons follow their scriptures and live their religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:59AM

to get them thinking as they walk over to conference..

!st Nephi Chapter 8 verse 26,27 ( just the scripture on a sign-they will look it up) after they read it maybe they would say to each other wtf man.. we are hypocrites.

26 And I also cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the aother side of the river of water, a great and bspacious building; and it stood as it were in the cair, high above the earth.

27 And it was filled with people, both old and young, both male and female; and their manner of dress was exceedingly fine; and they were in the aattitude of bmocking and pointing their fingers towards those who had come at and were partaking of the fruit.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 01:06AM

If I lived in Utah, I would go along with you, just so long as we could make it clear that those are crazy Mormon rules ideas and not our own. I don't want anyone thinking I am crazy or irrational.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 01:22AM

From the Book of Mormon:

" ... [T]hey did not wear costly apparel
" [T]hey began to be exceedingly rich, having abundance of all things ... of silk and fine-twined linen, and all manner of GOOD HOMELY CLOTH." (Book of Mormon | Alma 1:27,29)

I love this backtrack. First, "they did not wear costly apparel;" then, they suddenly have an "abundance of ... silk and fine-twined linen," out of which expensive clothing would obviously be fashioned; but THEN, OOOOOPS ... it was actually "good homely cloth" that they must have used to make their inexpensive clothes!

This reminds me of what the Mormon church does nowadays, constantly saying one thing, doing another, than having to engage in damage control/rationalization when they're called on it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.