Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: justbreathe ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:40PM

So, my wife and I went to the CCC today to see what all the hooplah was about and I honestly done know what the hype is all about. $5billion for that? I think the money could have gone to a much better cause...obviously. We ended up going back over to fashion place and had dinner at Brio (yum). I will say that the Disney store at the CCC was nice and my wife liked the 77 kids store (AE clothing spinoff for kids). Other than that, I think I'll skip it just like I did when crossroads was there. Oh! And the condos... A 3 bedroom starts at $1.1 million. How absurd! I thought their pricing went down, but I hardly doubt that. The cheapest was a few hundred thousand dollars, only to see the end of the world soon from a higher view (pun intended to those who buy into the LDS belief of the end). Ok, I'm done. :) here's my two cents worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 11:41PM by justbreathe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:44PM

I was there Saturday and the landscaping is beautiful, but it offers basically the same thing as the other malls which are open everyday and much closer to where I live. Oh yes, the other malls also have free parking. Since I do most of my shopping on Sunday, I probably won't be going there too much. I agree about the condos. Mine is about the same size and is much, much cheaper. We have amenities here that they don't and I can get downtown in 15 minutes should I need to. A temple view just isn't worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 12:09AM by bona dea.

Date: March 26, 2012 11:51PM

Free parking? I guess I parked in the wrong area... It was $1 per hour. My wife asked for validation at Nordys even though we hadn't purchased anything. Malls are most definitely on the decline and I don't think this one is any different. Anyone. An put a fountain and stream in a mall. :)

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:08AM

No, the other malls have free parking. That is the point.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:06AM

1.1 million for a condo, and there is no beach or snow slopped mountain right outside your door? You'd really have to like sitting around in a baker's hat to want to pay that kind of money for that location.

Date: March 27, 2012 01:04AM

Bakers hat! Of course full with robe and all! I'm sure the amenities have temple recommend rooms to better themselves spiritually while they work out, send a business email, or even shop at Harmon's. They could be the next step down for members of the holy of holies? Okay, I'm digressing now. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.