Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:50PM

I was lying on the couch watching stories with my mom when my sleeve crept up and exposed the bottom of my tattoo. My mother happened to see it and was asked, "Is that a real tattoo on your arm?"

My brain said, "Oh goddamnit! Here we go!" But my mouth said, "Yup."

My mother started in with disapproving remarks and I just responded with a simple, "Mom, it's just a tattoo. It's not a big deal." And when she tried again, I reiterated. "Mom it's JUST a tattoo. It's not a big deal." My tone really trying to emphasize that I'm a 30 year old grown-ass man.

I then changed the subject, and we continued to watch our stories in peace.

Later she asked if I would meet her, my dad, and my brother at the Shitty Creek Center on Friday to check that atrocity out. And I agreed.

Little do they know that I'll be walking around it thinking things like, "Haha. Fuck you poor people. I always knew regular Jesus hated you. At the Sermon of the Mount they forgot to write down the rest of what Jesus said:

But most Blessed are the mall builders. They shall rule in heaven for bringing great merchandise at competitive prices!

Whereas the poor and meek will inherit the earth. Those deluded fucks."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:01AM

You forgot to tell us what you have for ink. Is it a hot allosaurus in a bikini?

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:31AM

On my left arm is the Deadpool symbol. On my right arm is the X-Men symbol.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:04AM

Hahaha my mom just saw my tattoos for the first time too. I was at my brothers wedding reception on the weekend, and she definitely saw both of them, as well as me getting incredibly drunk. She never said anything but at the end of the night she hugged me and told me she loved me...I was drunk enough to just smile and say goodbye (thankfully... sober Aj probably would have been quite nasty lol) It was all very awkward. I'm sure she's going to go back to Utah and cry to her husband and tbm step kids about how I've ruined my "temple." Haha oh well. Just curious- does your mom know about your book? And if so has she ever read it??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 12:12AM by ajhart.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:07AM

I've seen your temple in your youtube videos. It has most assuredly not be ruined.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:13AM

Hahahaha aw thank you! Next video I make I'll have to wear something that shows off my tatts:)

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:13AM

only cause it's midnight and I have day to face tomorrow

back in the middle ages (I'm guessing late '80's)

my mother got a butterfly tatt on her ass.

loved showing it to her granddaughters at a later date.

still, women of her age in ETex did not get tatts on their asses back in the '80's.

I still, given a choice, would have not to have known about it.

SO the Scooter in TX stuff is all about dealing with her funeral crap. which was on March 10.

but yeah, I'm as liberal as they come.

Tatts still = the trailer park.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:25AM

Believe me, I'm almost fifty and my mom still treats me like I was when I moved out at 19. Sigh.

Have fun at the mall.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:47AM

I got a tattoo of myself ON myself . . . but 3 inches taller.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:53AM

LOL!

I want one of those too, please! Plus one that's more physically fit and rich. ;-)

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:53AM

Maybe I should get a tattoo. I'm just not sure what to get. And I'm afraid nobody would care anyway. I could get a picture of Charlie Manson or Sharon Tate. That happened on my bday. Or Nixon, he resigned on my bday. Then I can tell people I have a tricky dick...tattoo.

Posted by: mormonimposter ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 06:13AM

If we're going by events that happened on one's birthday...I was born the day Joseph Smith died...what would a good tattoo for me? Haha

Posted by: labdork ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 04:05AM

My Mom & I went to Amsterdam a 2 summers ago and She BOUGHT our matching Tatoos! I'm pretty lucky...

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 08:48AM

Good to hear it didn't end in an argument!

I have 3 tattoos that are kinda hard to see, so if my family has noticed them, they've never said a word to me about them, which I appreciate.

What's all sorts of funny is some uber duber TBM women in my crowd have gotten their eyebrows and eye liner tattooed on, but MY tattoos aren't appropriate...whatever.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 08:53AM

It's notlike you can get rid of it tomorrow. You have to live with it rest of your life.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 11:38AM

Mine is out in the open, mostly so I would not have to lean over or look in a mirror to see it, plus my eyes are getting worse in my old age. My 2 little nieces zone in on it every time I am with them...at a very, very young age they are the queens of bling and are blinged out in bracelets, necklaces all the time. I am sure as they get older, I being the only tattered female in th family, I will be the example used, although by BIL's have some big tats, although they are hidden. Tiptoes the bad ass...makes me giggle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 11:44AM by tiptoes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.