Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 10:14AM

I can't prohibit my TBM ex-wife from dragging our 10yo daughter to cult meetings.

But I can arm our daughter with tools for self-defense from the lies of mormonism. Beginning with the internet and the all-knowing Google God. Last night I sat her in front of the computer and showed her how to look up every single item from her homework that gave her trouble. Teaching her to find things out for herself = seed of empowerment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 01:44PM

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 01:50PM

Good Job--in time she will most likely find some things out on her own! key words and phrases are prime to teach. empowerment and the act of doing. I think this up and coming generation--your daughters age will set a lot of us free. We won't be the loner exmormons. We will be known as the ones that had enough strength to go first. Of course family and friends think I am a huge sinner and that is the main reason I left...hahaha. Cracks me up. This younger generation is extremely smart/intelligent I have been noticing lately.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 01:53PM

Hopefully she will pick up on some things said at church, then look them up. Hope mom doesn't ground her from the computer

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.