Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 12:20PM

http://global.christianpost.com/news/mitt-romneys-cousin-says-mormon-church-a-fraud-divides-families-72082/

I-R-O-N-I-C commenting on a story in which Park Romney claims he was shunned by his family for apostatizing, and Elder Holland's no-he-wasn't-we-don't-do-that rebuttal...

...Oh no, no shunning, just the blanket presumption that he did something "vile".

Thus is the effectiveness of the church's slanderous libelous "discipline" known as "excommunication". Same action for a criminal as for a social dissenter.

Oh yes, a very enlightened view "Vai Rua", all excommunicants "must have done something vile".

That was so apallingly ignorant and pejudiced that I had to share. TBMs, sooner or later, show their cards.

When I was a TBM...I got called out during an interview for a potential public service job. I expressed reluctance to be fair to a gay or a mixed race couple wanting to adopt...It hurt. I didn't even KNOW I possessed those prejudices, I'd never been cornered on it. Just like Elder Holland crying foul on the BBC...I thought the QUESTION was unfair. Wrong. My answer was unfair. If I hadn't been a prejudiced, paranoid, delusional, superstitious, fallacious, and bogus thinker, believing in a paradoxical dogma, I wouldn't have been cornered by it. Just get it over with TBMs, look in the mirror and see what you are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.