Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 12:28PM

How have some of you approached friends still in TSCC that you strongly suspect have doubts or no longer believe?
Now that I know the church is a big fat scam, I wanna tell everybody! However, I bite my tongue out of respect to let others believe what they want.
But I have some friends that I know or strong suspect have their doubts or don't believe.
How have some of you brought up the subject?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: theGleep ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 03:54PM

Poorly...I'll just leave it at that :)

Posted by: angelina5 ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 04:03PM

I think that the first time you question anything openly to TBM's becomes the first flag. I feel that when one stops using the TBM language, it also becomes a gargantuesque flag for them.
I also respect what others believe and I want to keep it that way. BUT I will often have a sudden burst of anger towards all the lies covered up by the LDS Church and will want to prove to all my TBM friends that they are being deceived.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 04:08PM

So far, it has only resulted in anger and resentment on their part, topped al a mode style with a butt kick out their doors forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 04:08PM by suckafoo.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 04:22PM

I stripped my FB page of anything even remotely relating to Mormonism. Except that I graduated from BYU. I don't even have religion marked down. Nothing about my page in any way says I'm Mormon. Most Mormons are such braggarts that their pages are full of little sayings, fan of the Book of Mormon pages, pictures of them in front of the temple on vacations etc. When I see a Mormon without those things on FB, I take it as a big red flag. Of course the dead giveaway is a photo in a tank top or drinking a beer.

The only problem is, some of my friends who don't do Mormonism any more really don't want to hear about it. They still believe but don't live the church and don't want to hear about people who don't believe and don't live the church. So even someone you think is an ex-Mormon may not want to hear what you have to say.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 04:30PM

CA girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course the dead giveaway is a photo in a
> tank top or drinking a beer.

ROFLMAO That is awesome!

In some of the exit literature they talk about how some of the people closest to leaving are the most vicious to doubters. Here is the quote: "They are hostile towards any information that spotlights the deceit and errors of the group."

Date: March 28, 2012 04:27PM

Great comments! Thanks guys! :-)

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 04:28PM

What about just saying or emailing "if you want to talk about things let me know". Then leave it at that. Some of them may be looking for support.

Date: March 28, 2012 04:37PM

Me posting a pic in a tank top and beer in hand wouldn't surprise anybody, they all already think I am just a inactive rebellious member, they just don't know I full on don't believe. The one person I have told in my ward quickly admitted she knew it was all b.s. and had a margarita with me that night! Then she told me her sis also doesn't believe but they both still go to church every Sunday. Her sis is in RS presidency I believe haha. So who knows!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.