Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:06PM

So what is the deal with the mormons never giving me a straight answer on the holy mother? Never did get a straight answer, all they said was she was too holy to be mentioned. Sounded like a crock of crap to me. Any comments or explanations on this one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:11PM

between her and god which resulted in the baby jesus. I am pretty sure there is no immaculate conception according to the mormons.

Posted by: Thomas Aquinas ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:54PM

Get your cult doctrines straight!!!

;)

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 03:38PM

Right! Immaculate conception does = Virgin Birth, I don't think the mo's believe in Virgin Birth or Immaculate conception. I call the woman "Virgin" Mary because of my Catholic upbringing.

It was never that important to me but I do think thats what the mo's teach.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 04:21PM

Having spent over 3 decades in the Great and Abominable Church, I'd like to wax pedantic for a moment.

The Immaculate Conception refers to Mary being born without original sin, in order to be a suitable vessel for the gestation of Jesus. This doctrine became part of the ordinary magisterium in the 19th century. Mary was a virgin ("did not know man...") when she impregnated with Jesus.

Likewise it is the Sacred" heart of Jesus, and the "Immaculate" heart of Mary.

Posted by: Galileo ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 09:37AM

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:13PM

If you can get a straight answer about anything in moism, you're batting 500. The mantras for questionable doctrine/history were invented by Gordy.

"I don't know that we teach that."

and

"Flicks of history...It's in the past and behind us now."

This from the guy that wrote "Standing for something". Yeah, right. I guess they stand for PropH8, until they don't in press releases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 02:15PM by Jesus Smith.

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:17PM

what's the odds.

If Adam is God, then is Eve the Holy Mother? Would that make Mary a plural wife?

The fact that she was married to Joseph is no obsticle to that, as we know

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:22PM

Interesting point!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:25PM

He will steal your wife though, but only for a night.

You have to raise the child-- sorry about that.

Oh, and no alimony/patrimony. You owe him.

Date: November 30, 2010 02:27PM

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 09:48PM

Yes, I think they are. ;-)

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:30PM

Heavenly Mother (although it should really be motherS, since God surely lives the "Principle") is too holy to talk about.

Mary is just one of God's spirit children that he knocked up with Jesus.

Date: November 30, 2010 02:44PM

Although the Mormon God seems to be okay with incest.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 09:13PM

And loving every minute.

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 02:49PM

Margaret Tuscano has some excellent insight about heavenly mother. It can be found on mormonstories.org. That interview was actually one of my favorites.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 03:08PM

Heavenly Mother is in the kitchen on that planet near Kolob. She's pregnant, barefoot and has 11 other spirit kids she's trying to feed. On top of that, there are 147 other Heavenly Mothers doing the same thing, except for 1. Her name is Bambi and she's the latest of Elohim's brides. She just sits around brushing her hair all day while those other old biddies do the work.

Ron

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 08:37AM

If a Heavenly Mother only has 11 spirit children HF would need nearly 14 billion plural wives. Assuming this earth receives 100 billion physical births and a third of his spirit children won't be born here = 150 billion children excludings others born on other earths.

Of course he could have far fewer wives if the begetting of spirit children takes place over millions or billions of years. In this case, he could have far fewer wives but each of them would have millions of children. What a close personal relationship!

Also, remember, his wives were presumably, at one stage, his daughters!

Makes Warren Jeffs' crimes seem insignificant.

What complete nonsense. Just as well it is not true.

Date: November 30, 2010 03:15PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 03:15PM by sisterexmo.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 03:22PM

This was back before frozen sperm and eggs and such was popular, but I was told that, "God and Mary are the parents of Jesus, and I only know one way to have a baby."

Now that there are so many ways to have a baby, I doubt that is said anymore.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 04:08PM

The Immaculate Conception- in Catholic doctrine, anyway- doesn't have anything to do with her conceiving Jesus, instead it refers to the belief that Mary herself was conceived without "original sin" so she was holier from the get-go than other wimmins- reason being an ordinary dirty sinful woman- and there ain't no other kind, of course- was too icky to carry the Son of God in her nasty old womb. Gotta have an extra-spayshul receptacle, y'see.

Date: November 30, 2010 04:51PM

That is really low.

If God found women's wombs so disgusting - why the H*** did he make them that way.

One assumes that he had a choice in design - and if he did not have a choice, why not just stop blaming the creature for the creation.

They want to have it both ways, as usual.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 04:25PM

I just say God cloned himself and made mary carry the clone.

Posted by: tbirdguy ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 07:29PM

Back in the mid 70s, my mom was the 'Spiritual Living' teacher for Relief Society. She decided to spice up the lesson by adding things that went beyond the lesson manual. She quoted former profits to show that, indeed, Mary and god did hook up to produce Jeezus.

It almost divided the ward! Many women acted thrilled to finally understand the 'truth', but just as many of them wanted my mom's head. The bishop's wife was outraged and my mom was dismissed as teacher and blacklisted from then on.

She remained a loyal TBM 'til her death many years later.

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 08:37PM

god and his many wife's propagates all the children that are sent to earth. The same said children then hook up and propagated more children, much the same as Adam and Eve had kids that Hooked up and had kids and then there kids hooked up...

Who makes up this crap?

Stupid cult.....cults

Posted by: Weedar ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 05:51AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.